Nintendo, please, buy Vigil Games :(

#1MelkacPosted 1/23/2013 9:16:26 PM
Poor little guys with their Darksiders... ;_;

Even if you guys don't like Darksiders, just think about how much they would improve the series if they worked FOR Nintendo...

You call b/s? Well, just look at Eternal Darkness. Then look at Too Human.
Look at Banjo-Kazooie. Then look at Kinect Sports.

Or...

Look at Raven Blade. Then look at Metroid Prime (Retro said that RB was going to suck. Let's believe them >_>)
Look at Resident Evil 6. Then look at Resident Evil Revelations...and 4.
Look at Ninja Gaiden 3. Then look at Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge.

Anyways, the point is most developers improve when they work exclusively for Nintendo, with Nintendo sending Miyamoto to help them and all that.

Just think about it...Zelda Jr. with Miyamoto's support...mmmm...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#2CyclicalPosted 1/23/2013 9:17:58 PM
They should get Vigil and merge them with Retro. Both already work in the same company. Plus, Vigil has made it clear that they're Nintendo fans. Getting to work on Nintendo games would probably be an honor to them.
#3Solid SonicPosted 1/23/2013 9:19:27 PM
I think Vigil Games is gone.

Only the Darksiders IP is left. It'd be like what WB Games did for the Mortal Kombat franchise.
---
I can't believe I have to waste my signature to tell people New Super Mario Bros. could be a lot better.
#4Melkac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:22:42 PM
Solid Sonic posted...

Only the Darksiders IP is left. It'd be like what WB Games did for the Mortal Kombat franchise.

THQ is still trying to find a suitable buyer...Platinum Games wants to get the Darksiders IP.

I still have hope...
---
#5Fr33zPosted 1/23/2013 9:24:39 PM(edited)
Melkac posted...
Solid Sonic posted...

THQ is still trying to find a suitable buyer...Platinum Games wants to get the Darksiders IP.

I still have hope...

Platinum buys Darksiders, Nintendo buys Platinum, Everyone wins :D If only... :[
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 1/23/2013 9:24:45 PM
Leave Vigil alone, Buy Darksiders IP and give it to Platinum to make.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#7Solid SonicPosted 1/23/2013 9:25:47 PM
Platinum buys Darksiders, Nintendo buys Platinum, Everyone wins :D If only... :[

Does that mean a Vanquish 2?

No? Then it's a meaningless venture.
---
I can't believe I have to waste my signature to tell people New Super Mario Bros. could be a lot better.
#8SolisPosted 1/23/2013 9:35:40 PM
Weren't people already comparing Darksiders to the Zelda series? Why would Nintendo buy an IP/studio to have it compete with another franchise they already own? Unless their intention is to keep more Darksiders games from being made.

Also, the topic creator's point makes little sense, since the games he listed had nothing to do with Nintendo (let alone working "exclusively" for Nintendo).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#9Melkac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:48:08 PM
Solis posted...
Weren't people already comparing Darksiders to the Zelda series? Why would Nintendo buy an IP/studio to have it compete with another franchise they already own? Unless their intention is to keep more Darksiders games from being made.

Also, the topic creator's point makes little sense, since the games he listed had nothing to do with Nintendo (let alone working "exclusively" for Nintendo).

> Raven Blade was Retro's first Nintendo game. They were getting no support for Nintendo. When they started getting support from Nintendo (Shigeru!), they made Metroid Prime...
> Banjo Kazooie was made by Rare when they were owned by Nintendo. Kinect was made by Rare...when they were owned by Microsoft.
> Eternal darkness AND Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes were developed by Silicon when they were working EXCLUSIVELY for Nintendo. Then they made Too Human for next gen consoles...and that X-Men game.

Why do I even need to explain this? I thought you guys were smar en...oh...right...GameFAQS...

Solis posted...

Wait, why would that even matter? They would own the dev team, so if they make another Zelda-like game AT LEAST people wouldn't compare it to Zelda. Because it would be developed by "Nintendo"...
---
#10elheberPosted 1/23/2013 10:06:37 PM
I don't see any point to buying the Darksiders IP. It doesn't offer anything unique as a franchise. It's fanbase is practically non-existent. And at best it offered a Zelda-like experience to people without Nintendo consoles... something Nintendo itself doesn't need.

Platinum Games, who [as Clover Studios] offered the only other "Zelda Alternative" at the time, Okami, might gain something from owning Darksiders. But without a substantial fanbase for Darksiders, they might as well just make a new IP if they wanted to make another Zelda-esque game.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |