so...Zelda U,open world, online coop and you can do the dungeons out of order?

#21darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 9:08:09 PM
He said nothing more than they were kicking around the ideas of rethinking doing dungeons in a certain order and only being single-player. This is in no way a confirmation of "open world gameplay" (since it wasn't even brought up), "doing dungeons in any order" (since this would mean that dungeons cannot offer items, thereby making dungeons all but pointless), or "online coop" (since that isn't the only way to do multiplayer).

People should keep their expectations of these things under control - none of this was confirmed in any way. Skyward Sword was supposedly made with them thinking about non-linear gameplay, too, and that game's pretty linear.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#22DQAbel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:15:57 PM
darkjedilink posted...
He said nothing more than they were kicking around the ideas of rethinking doing dungeons in a certain order and only being single-player. This is in no way a confirmation of "open world gameplay" (since it wasn't even brought up), "doing dungeons in any order" (since this would mean that dungeons cannot offer items, thereby making dungeons all but pointless), or "online coop" (since that isn't the only way to do multiplayer).

People should keep their expectations of these things under control - none of this was confirmed in any way. Skyward Sword was supposedly made with them thinking about non-linear gameplay, too, and that game's pretty linear.

um you sure about that?
---
Dont buy unfinished games. wait for GOTY editions or super versions.
#23TheFallenPriestPosted 1/23/2013 9:21:18 PM
It could easily be multiplayer. And not some stupid multiplayer where you have 1 controlling zelda. They opened the door with 4 swords to multiplayer zelda as everyone playing link. They could do something similar with this.

Meanwhile, dungeons could still be out of order and still give items.

The only difference would be instead of needing item x to beat dungeon y, you can beat dungeon y without item x, however, there will be dungeon z which needs item x. It could stil work, you would just have a few dungeons that could be completed at any 1 time. Obviously the hardest dungeon wouldnt be able to be tackled first.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#24DQAbel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:24:30 PM
TheFallenPriest posted...
It could easily be multiplayer. And not some stupid multiplayer where you have 1 controlling zelda. They opened the door with 4 swords to multiplayer zelda as everyone playing link. They could do something similar with this.

Meanwhile, dungeons could still be out of order and still give items.

The only difference would be instead of needing item x to beat dungeon y, you can beat dungeon y without item x, however, there will be dungeon z which needs item x. It could stil work, you would just have a few dungeons that could be completed at any 1 time. Obviously the hardest dungeon wouldnt be able to be tackled first.

so would we have 2-4 links running around or 2-4 original characters?
---
#25darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 9:24:56 PM
DQAbel posted...
darkjedilink posted...

um you sure about that?

Yes, I am. He said "these are things we are trying to rethink for the next Zelda game."

They were trying to rethink linear gameplay in Skyward Sword, too.

In no universe does "trying to rethink" equate to "all of these things, including things I just made up all by my lonesome, are absolutely one-hundred-percent confirmed."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#26DQAbel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:33:14 PM
darkjedilink posted...
DQAbel posted...
darkjedilink posted...

um you sure about that?

Yes, I am. He said "these are things we are trying to rethink for the next Zelda game."

In no universe does "trying to rethink" equate to "all of these things, including things I just made up all by my lonesome, are absolutely one-hundred-percent confirmed."

"so...Zelda U,open world, online coop and you can do the dungeons out of order?"

what is that weird symbol at the end on the sentence >>>>>"?"<<<<

simple things confuse me

i would bet on an open world similar to the original zelda with todays standard of gameplay. map , aiming, puzzles and quick item use on the gamepad.

i would also be willing to bet that zelda come with you this time.
---
#27elheberPosted 1/23/2013 9:36:12 PM
LUlGI posted...
You think the main player WONT be playing with the gamepad?

Stop

One player plays Link with a Wiimote Plus and Nunchuck, and another player plays the "helper" character with the GamePad. Link is always accompanied by a secondary character anyway... just make him drop-in-drop-out playable like in Sonic (Tails) or Kirby Super Star (Helper).
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#28elheberPosted 1/23/2013 9:38:40 PM
darkjedilink posted...

I remember they were trying to change the Overworld -> Dungeon -> Overworld -> Dungeon formula, not linear gameplay. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#29Banjo2553Posted 1/23/2013 11:57:31 PM
elheber posted...
darkjedilink posted...

I remember they were trying to change the Overworld -> Dungeon -> Overworld -> Dungeon formula, not linear gameplay. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

Yeah, but they didn't even successfully do that.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#30Chocobo115Posted 1/23/2013 11:59:43 PM
Know way too little yet, but from what I'm hearing?
I think I'll pass. Maybe on the Wii U altogether, we'll see.