Are mario and zelda the only franchises nintendo cares about now?

#1Artillatron7Posted 1/23/2013 10:07:11 PM
Now before you flame me and call me a troll, let me say that I love both of these franchises. And I will most likely buy all four games that were announced this morning. But my question is why does nintendo neglect their other first party franchises? We just got an awesome mario game two months ago. And skyward sword is barely a year old. Why not change it up a bit? Bring back a series that we haven't seen in a while. It's been almost 10 years since the last console f-zero game. And 8 years since the last console star fox game. It's been 14 years since the last 3D donkey kong game, which they won't even release on the virtual console. And why hasn't there been a console pokemon battling game for gen 5 yet? You know, like a sequel to pokemon xd or something. And what happened to custom robo? I can't be the only person that's tired of the constant mario and zelda.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/260ed8i.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wvpAA.jpg
#2mcnichojPosted 1/23/2013 10:10:34 PM
TL;DR
Mario sells like millions everywhere.
Zelda is their western seller.
What do you expect?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#3Virus66Posted 1/23/2013 10:11:11 PM
Did you not see the Yoshi game? Or Game & Wario?
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#4pikachupwnagePosted 1/23/2013 10:22:26 PM
X
Game and wario
Yoshi
Pkmin 3
Wi fit U
Wii party U
Fire emblem X shin megami tensei

Yup they only care about mario and Zelda.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#5_Izanagi_Posted 1/23/2013 10:38:17 PM
TC, while I agree, I'm displeased you left out Metroid and Kirby. I really want new Metroid.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#6DarthFloatyPosted 1/23/2013 10:39:37 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
X
Game and wario
Yoshi
Pkmin 3
Wi fit U
Wii party U
Fire emblem X shin megami tensei

Yup they only care about mario and Zelda.

And they have E3. And, you know, they need stuff for 2014 and on too.
#7Tsutarja495Posted 1/23/2013 10:41:20 PM
No, they announced several other games, and it was just one ND. They still have E3, and other NDs are sure to come with more later on.
#8MotiJrPosted 1/23/2013 10:49:09 PM
Supply and demand. People want Mario and Zelda so they make them. People complain that they want metroid etc. but rather than go on about it on websites, email Nintendo. If they're inundated with emails, they're sure to take notice.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#9VerkinsPosted 1/23/2013 11:29:33 PM
Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are Nintendo's top priority.
#10XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/23/2013 11:36:39 PM
Nintendo is idiotic when games that should be released on consoles never get there.

Kid Icarus, Golden Sun, a Metroid game made by them, Breath of Fire, and now even Super Smash Bros. is made by Namco and not Nintendo.