why Monolith X is an MMO (and will be the best)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why Monolith X is an MMO (and will be the best)
2 years ago#1
So yeah, Xenoblade two... right? Monolith Soft's X, you've all seen the trailer.
Well, some people quickly figured out it was multiplayer, that much is obvious, but also possibly, not just multiplayer, but massively so.
All players together in one world, coexisting,, on Wii U.

Why do I say this? Well, let's look at the facts.
First off, the translated chatbox, going by a translation from Gamesradar, the words spoken are in a nutshell
"Hey"
"What should we do today?"
*sees giant sauropod*
"Wow!"
"It's Huge!"

Now this was obviously scripted, and I'm not calling it the strongest evidence either, but think about it.
"What should we do today?" Implies a lot of choice in the world, adventure together, do quests, or hunt, whatever. It also implies the group are four players who play a lot together, like friends on a MMORPG,
Their reaction to seeing the massive beast is one of discovery and astonishment, that they explore a persistant world together and be amazed by it.
Pretty Massively Multiplayer sounding to me.

Let's see some other evidence. First off, the obvious Monster Hunter comparison
In MH, you meet at the bar, you pick a quest, you go through the door and boom, at the quest location. Which is a sectioned off map.
This map, looks huge, vibrant, and emergent. If you are just partying up with four friends for multiplayer, why the massive map? Seems kind of strange if they aren't persistently inhabiting it together right?

Next, there's the mecha, if you look closely, you can see a scene with two mecha fighting each other. PvP? Perhaps.

Finally, and my biggest point. The title. It's clearly another Xeno game, but it's just called X. If it were a straight up Xenoblade 2, don't you think they would have announced it as such? Maybe it's more than a Xenoblade two, Xeno Online.

One more thing. This is just a theory, but I recall back a couple years ago, a news article stating that Monolith was looking for developers experienced with online multiplayer.
I have a hunch, back then, they wanted to make a console MMO, and had a lot done, Nintendo read the pitch and said "hey, that looks awesome, but the Wii cannot handle it, use the resources to make a singleplayer game, and we'll help you make the MMO a huge title on our upcoming system, to showcase our internet presence."

This leaves one last question, Dragon Quest ten and Xeno Online co-existing? Strange.
Coming up later, Why Xeno Online could be the greatest MMO ever made.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
2 years ago#2
I doubt it's a MMO, just online co-op.
2 years ago#3
I think it will be just Online Co-op, not a MMO

Free Roam MMOs are kind of dead anyway, it would be a waste of money for Nintendo to try to support Servers for one.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
(edited by Soanevalcke6)
2 years ago#4
Don't get my hopes up lol. I may explode if it turns out to be an MMO or even Co Op.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
2 years ago#5
I'd prefer online co-op (up to 4 players) to an MMO. I've never played an MMO, but I'm not entirely sold on them.
2 years ago#6
Probably just online Co-op. MMO is possible, but I personally doubt it.
2 years ago#7
I refuse to believe you guys read and thought about all that in such a short time =/

It's 100% fact that it's online multiplayer because of the chatbox.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
2 years ago#8
I will be pissed if they don't have local co-op but they have online co-op.
2 years ago#9
Draconilian posted...
I refuse to believe you guys read and thought about all that in such a short time =/

We never said it wasnt Online Multiplayer, we just doubt it's an MMO.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
2 years ago#10
Draconilian posted...

It could be like WKC, so yeah, multiplayer online, sure...but the chances of an MMO seem slim, right now anyways
---
PSN=Gelthidor
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why Monolith X is an MMO (and will be the best)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived