why Monolith X is an MMO (and will be the best)

#31cheeseyrox2Posted 1/23/2013 11:21:30 PM
Doubt it's an MMO. Perhaps there's an online co-op mode to form parties and take down the equivalent of Unique Monsters and stuff like that, but this game's produced by one of the most ambitious writers in video game history. He's actually a story first guy
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 240
#32Draconilian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:25:51 PM
Frankula posted...
This may be a mmo/co-op hybrid. Say there are some town/lobbies where everyone can interact but then when you go out into the world it's just you and your party. I can't see the entire open world being mmo style though.

*shrug*
As good a guess as anything, but I'd rather it differentiate even more from MH,

Also, to everyone whining about it being potentially an MMO, who's to say you can't play offline too?
Like go into the options and flip a setting, and still be able to play and experience it entirely offline
Sure, maybe it'll be a little harder, without intelligent human allies and all, but still.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#33Draconilian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:28:54 PM
Okay, I'm going to keep track
So far nobody thinks a Xeno MMO would be the greatest thing to ever exist.
Nearly everyone thinks it's either impractical or flat out bad

You guys are no fun =(
---
#34CojiroseanPosted 1/23/2013 11:29:36 PM
Draconilian posted...
Frankula posted...
This may be a mmo/co-op hybrid. Say there are some town/lobbies where everyone can interact but then when you go out into the world it's just you and your party. I can't see the entire open world being mmo style though.

*shrug*

Also, to everyone whining about it being potentially an MMO, who's to say you can't play offline too?
Like go into the options and flip a setting, and still be able to play and experience it entirely offline
Sure, maybe it'll be a little harder, without intelligent human allies and all, but still.

Well yeah, but look at Dragon Quest 10. A few offline hours of content, and a monthly fee to play online. THAT"S what we are worried about.
#35YoyokuKOPosted 1/23/2013 11:29:56 PM
maybe if you stop calling it an MMO, it would help.
#36cheeseyrox2Posted 1/23/2013 11:31:21 PM
Draconilian posted...
Okay, I'm going to keep track
So far nobody thinks a Xeno MMO would be the greatest thing to ever exist.
Nearly everyone thinks it's either impractical or flat out bad

You guys are no fun =(

It could be good. Xenoblade pretty much plays like a single player MMO does, with an emphasis on story.

It's just not likely to happen considering Takahashi.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 240
#37Draconilian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:32:14 PM
Cojirosean posted...
Draconilian posted...
Frankula posted...

*shrug*

Well yeah, but look at Dragon Quest 10. A few offline hours of content, and a monthly fee to play online. THAT"S what we are worried about.

*cough*square enix*cough*
I'm honestly ashamed of SE lately, they, Acti, Crapcom, and EA form the unholy square of cash grabbing.
---
#38CojiroseanPosted 1/23/2013 11:33:50 PM
Frankula posted...
Cojirosean posted...
If this is an MMO, I would immediately boy cot Monolithsoft and all things affiliated. I live in an area where internet is but a dream, (i'm at a public internet spot now) and would NOT be able to play it.

You devs stole my Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, please not my Xeno.

You need to move. Just saying.

3 more years at the least...
#39Draconilian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:34:58 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
maybe if you stop calling it an MMO, it would help.

Sure!
after E3 and we learn it's just MH style online multiplayer.
MMO = me throwing party, and making thread here saying "F*** YEAH I TOLD YOU SO"
MH style online = "oh well, guess I'll just have another fantastic JRPG while I wait for SE to make a good FF game again"
All offline and the chatbox was a distraction = See above
---
#40YoyokuKOPosted 1/23/2013 11:38:25 PM
Draconilian posted...
Sure!
after E3 and we learn it's just MH style online multiplayer.
MMO = me throwing party, and making thread here saying "F*** YEAH I TOLD YOU SO"
MH style online = "oh well, guess I'll just have another fantastic JRPG while I wait for SE to make a good FF game again"
All offline and the chatbox was a distraction = See above

i'll take that bet.
for what it's worth...i called it multiplayer.
just check the time stamp:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65258190