Do you know what pisses me off about Miiverse?

#11Villain_S_FiendPosted 1/23/2013 10:24:21 PM
Them, because they wouldn't be boasting up their 'yeah' count otherwise.

No, that's just your projection based on an overly-cynical attitude. It seems to me that if "boasting up" their yeah count was all that mattered, they'd just say "look everyone I got all these yeahs!" But that's not what they're doing. They're saying "thank you" for those yeahs. Just because they're excited about getting those "milestone" numbers and want to share their feeling of accomplishment, that doesn't mean they're being braggarts or trying to ruin your day with their arrogance.

You're making cynical judgment calls on people's motivations that you're not really in a position to make. If someone says "thank you" and expresses happiness about getting all those yeahs, the only thing we can really do is take it at face value, as just a happy "thank you" for all those yeahs. Do you also criticize Youtube content creators for making thank you videos for the people who subscribe to them or favorite their videos?
---
http://i.imgur.com/q1snL.png
#12Villain_S_FiendPosted 1/23/2013 10:29:34 PM(edited)
I get the feeling we just have a lot of people who want to show off their "art skills", and they're doing it to get that attention, and I find that irritating. If you have the skill to make some fine art, go and make some great art. Doing it because you seek attention is just annoying.

With that reasoning, anyone who displays their art anywhere for anyone to see is just being an attention whore, and not only is that just short-sighted, but as an artist I find it insulting. If I make a piece of art that I take pride in, then I'd like to share it with people. Where that outlet is doesn't really matter. It could be the Miiverse, Deviant Art, Youtube, or at an art exhibition. In concept, it's really no different aside from the venue of exposure.

And again, if I have a piece of art that I take pride in and share it, and other people tell me they like it (through whatever means, be it likes, thumbs up, yeahs, money, whatever), then I am truly appreciative of that and I like to show gratitude by saying thank you.
---
Wolfman's got nards!
#13WOLFCAT22Posted 1/23/2013 10:36:46 PM
It feels good to have someone like your artwork. When people are saying "Thank you", it's exactly that. Just thanking people for appreciating their artwork. I don't really see how this is coming off as "showing off".
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2lnksj.jpg
#14dark trunksPosted 1/23/2013 10:37:16 PM
Villain_S_Fiend posted...
I get the feeling we just have a lot of people who want to show off their "art skills", and they're doing it to get that attention, and I find that irritating. If you have the skill to make some fine art, go and make some great art. Doing it because you seek attention is just annoying.

With that reasoning, anyone who displays their art anywhere for anyone to see is just being an attention whore, and not only is that just short-sighted, but as an artist I find it insulting. If I make a piece of art that I take pride in, then I'd like to share it with people. Where that outlet is doesn't really matter. It could be the Miiverse, Deviant Art, Youtube, or at an art exhibition. In concept, it's really no different aside from the venue of exposure.

And again, if I have a piece of art that I take pride in and share it, and other people tell me they like it (through whatever means, be it likes, thumbs up, yeahs, money, whatever), then I am truly appreciative of that and I like to show gratitude by saying thank you.

Find it as insulting as you want, I couldn't really care less.

In that case then, yes anyone who displays their art anyway is an attention seeker, then, if that's how you want to define it. As far as I'm concerned, more so if you're displayed it on a website like Facebook, YouTube and especially Miiverse. Because the last thing I need is to pop on Miiverse, and even YouTube, and see someone drawing a similar picture someone else drew ten minutes before then, and I especially despise going onto YouTube and finding a fifty people doing their own rendition of a song when I couldn't give a flying ---- about their rendition of the song I'm trying to find.

So you can be as insulted as you want. I'm not going to change what I think, so it's clear then I am insulting you. I don't care that I am, so be insulted.

If anything, I find someone like you more irritating because you feel the need to point out that you "are an artist".
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#15Villain_S_FiendPosted 1/23/2013 10:47:33 PM(edited)
the last thing I need is to pop on Miiverse ... and see someone drawing a similar picture someone else drew ten minutes before then

I would suggest then, perhaps, that you shouldn't pop on Miiverse.

If anything, I find someone like you more irritating because you feel the need to point out that you "are an artist".

I was offering a view on the issue from a perspective you appeared to either lack or hadn't considered. You're clearly not interested in considering anyone else's viewpoints, though. If what I said is truly irritating to you, then I think you have bitterness issues that could benefit from some introspection on your part.
---
Opposites attract till they become the same.
#16Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 10:47:22 PM
Toadster9001 posted...
When the attention seeking children congratulate themselves.

"250 yeahs, thank you! <3"

Stop it. STOP IT. STOP IT.

/In other words I'm ass hurt over this
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#17Villain_S_FiendPosted 1/23/2013 11:01:50 PM(edited)
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."

Also, I find it odd that someone with this really positive sentiment in their sig would be so mean-spirited towards those who are seeking some sense of fulfillment through a creative outlet, whether it's what you would personally want to see or not. You share that quote, but you certainly don't present yourself as someone who shares its message.
---
Wolfman's got nards!
#18PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/23/2013 10:51:57 PM
Honestly, I like Miiverse. Its a pretty pleasant place, I get to talk games and stuff, and I get to see some cool artwork. Good stuff.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#19TMW001Posted 1/23/2013 10:55:47 PM
dark trunks posted...

In that case then, yes anyone who displays their art anyway is an attention seeker, then, if that's how you want to define it. As far as I'm concerned, more so if you're displayed it on a website like Facebook, YouTube and especially Miiverse. Because the last thing I need is to pop on Miiverse, and even YouTube, and see someone drawing a similar picture someone else drew ten minutes before then, and I especially despise going onto YouTube and finding a fifty people doing their own rendition of a song when I couldn't give a flying ---- about their rendition of the song I'm trying to find.

So you can be as insulted as you want. I'm not going to change what I think, so it's clear then I am insulting you. I don't care that I am, so be insulted.

All that rage gone now?
#20dark trunksPosted 1/24/2013 12:54:21 PM
TMW001 posted...
dark trunks posted...

All that rage gone now?

Not until you actually learn to pull a better argument out of your arse rather than the typical, dumbass GameFAQs user response.

But I'll assume that you didn't pass English in school, and you strained every brain cell to come up with that awful response.

Take note ladies and gentlemen, if you can't think of anything smart to say, these are five words any moron can toss together to try and look witty, but ultimately wind up looking like a fool who has nothing better to say.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997