Do you know what pisses me off about Miiverse?

#21DiscostewSMPosted 1/24/2013 12:57:56 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
...After reading this, the question popped into my mind: "Why is the internet mostly populated by unhappy people?". .

It isn't. The problem is that the unhappy people are the most vocal.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#22PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/24/2013 12:59:22 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
...After reading this, the question popped into my mind: "Why is the internet mostly populated by unhappy people?". .

It isn't. The problem is that the unhappy people are the most vocal.

Maybe so.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#23SerOnionKnightPosted 1/24/2013 1:01:14 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Honestly, I like Miiverse. Its a pretty pleasant place, I get to talk games and stuff, and I get to see some cool artwork. Good stuff.

Yeah, it like the complete opposite of Gamefaqs.
#24GloryChaosPosted 1/24/2013 1:02:18 PM
The hell? What the hell are you doing posting your art on the INTERNET?! How dare you spend time on your hobbies by drawing and NOT hiding your creations from the rest of us! And worst of all, HOW DARE you thank the people who appreciated your work and the time you put into it?! Do you think this means anything?

Foolish swine! You attention starved, childish piece of meat! Begone from MY eyes. Depart from MY presence. My vision is fogged by your meaningless, tiresome scribbles. And the mice who deem you worthy of any feat are not worth the salt I pour on my snails!
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#25PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/24/2013 1:03:15 PM
SerOnionKnight posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Honestly, I like Miiverse. Its a pretty pleasant place, I get to talk games and stuff, and I get to see some cool artwork. Good stuff.

Yeah, it like the complete opposite of Gamefaqs.

This
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#26Virus66Posted 1/24/2013 1:29:26 PM
dark trunks posted...
Villain_S_Fiend posted...
I get the feeling we just have a lot of people who want to show off their "art skills", and they're doing it to get that attention, and I find that irritating. If you have the skill to make some fine art, go and make some great art. Doing it because you seek attention is just annoying.

With that reasoning, anyone who displays their art anywhere for anyone to see is just being an attention whore, and not only is that just short-sighted, but as an artist I find it insulting. If I make a piece of art that I take pride in, then I'd like to share it with people. Where that outlet is doesn't really matter. It could be the Miiverse, Deviant Art, Youtube, or at an art exhibition. In concept, it's really no different aside from the venue of exposure.

And again, if I have a piece of art that I take pride in and share it, and other people tell me they like it (through whatever means, be it likes, thumbs up, yeahs, money, whatever), then I am truly appreciative of that and I like to show gratitude by saying thank you.

Find it as insulting as you want, I couldn't really care less.

In that case then, yes anyone who displays their art anyway is an attention seeker, then, if that's how you want to define it. As far as I'm concerned, more so if you're displayed it on a website like Facebook, YouTube and especially Miiverse. Because the last thing I need is to pop on Miiverse, and even YouTube, and see someone drawing a similar picture someone else drew ten minutes before then, and I especially despise going onto YouTube and finding a fifty people doing their own rendition of a song when I couldn't give a flying ---- about their rendition of the song I'm trying to find.

So you can be as insulted as you want. I'm not going to change what I think, so it's clear then I am insulting you. I don't care that I am, so be insulted.

If anything, I find someone like you more irritating because you feel the need to point out that you "are an artist".

Any movie you watch, any music you listen to, and pictures you see and any games you play are all about displaying your work for others to enjoy. You come down on someone because they choose to draw for others to enjoy when you yourself enjoy video games, which other people made for you to enjoy? Wow... arrogant a-hole right here
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#27diggyfreshPosted 1/24/2013 2:17:07 PM
i'll probably start reporting ppl spamming for yeahs. ain't nobody got time for that.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#28Villain_S_FiendPosted 1/24/2013 2:36:46 PM
Not until you actually learn to pull a better argument out of your arse rather than the typical, dumbass GameFAQs user response.

But I'll assume that you didn't pass English in school, and you strained every brain cell to come up with that awful response.

Take note ladies and gentlemen, if you can't think of anything smart to say, these are five words any moron can toss together to try and look witty, but ultimately wind up looking like a fool who has nothing better to say.

I think his question was a valid one, but if it's as beneath your notice as you suggest (though you seem to have picked it out of the crowd quite readily), then how about responding to what I had to say? Or do you prefer to skip over and not debate things put intelligently in favor of something you see as easy pickings for you to spit your nasty attitude toward?
---
"To you, I'm an atheist. To God, I'm the loyal opposition."
#29CaptnNGameMastrPosted 1/27/2013 5:53:31 AM
Sorry for the bump, I wandered here googling how to remove Miiverse notifications for individual prolific posts.

But I thought the exact same thing about dark trunks' signature being unbelievably ironic in light of the things he's said here. As well as everyone sharing art is attention seekers, well that would also include those official songs on youtube you're looking for (which nearly always appear at the top of searches anyway, if they're listed at all), not only the regular people who can play x instrument better than you.

Human beings are a social species. It's instinctive for anyone who likes to draw, that they don't solely do it in some hidden journal just to test their ability.

All that being said, I have seen some of those yeah posts and for many of them agree with op, assuming "pisses me off" and the flamboyant stop it's were a linguistic exaggeration. But they don't usually just say thank you, they will often include an amendment for their next "yeah" amount goal, instilling the weightiness of a Jerry Lewis telethon.

It's as though "Miiverse account" is an oldschool arcade-style game where high score means everything, whether you do it cheaply or through talent and hard work. But again most of them are young kids... It's not only this generation that shorties care more about winning than how you play the game, I remember Game Genie.

I wouldn't mind a check box where you only see community posts from a specific age range. Maybe that will be one of the streamline changes Iwata alluded to on Wii U Direct.
---
Videoland sure has expanded in the umpteen years I've been trapped here.