Question about the $1-$1.50 VC charge.

#11Gamechamp3kPosted 1/24/2013 12:54:02 AM
The games are the same price as they are in Wii VC. Meaning, if you were to buy the Wii VC version, you'd have to pay a dollar extra to upgrade to the Wii U version, but if you bought the Wii U version from the beginning you'd save a buck.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jkRCy.jpg
http://backloggery.com/gamechamp/sig.gif Victorique-channnnnnn... <3
#12DemonDog666Posted 1/24/2013 1:32:29 AM
elheber posted...
Think of it like buying DLC for your VC games. DLC that adds Miiverse content and Off TV play.

There's no new content it's just an OS update with a new emulator.
#13SocranPosted 1/24/2013 1:38:30 AM
I'll break it down for you.

1. I've bought the game on the Wii, transferred it to Wii U, and want to play with new enhanced features. Pay a dollar.

2. I've bought the game on the Wii, transferred it to Wii U, and don't want to pay a dollar. Switch your Wii U to Wii Mode and play the game from there.

3. I haven't bought the game on the Wii, and plan to buy it for the first time on Wii U. You will pay the same price you would have paid if you bought it on the Wii, not a dollar more.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#14mario_gamerPosted 1/24/2013 1:42:25 AM
I'll break it down for you.

1. I've bought the game on the Wii, transferred it to Wii U, and want to play with new enhanced features. Pay a dollar.

2. I've bought the game on the Wii, transferred it to Wii U, and don't want to pay a dollar. Switch your Wii U to Wii Mode and play the game from there.

3. I haven't bought the game on the Wii, and plan to buy it for the first time on Wii U. You will pay the same price you would have paid if you bought it on the Wii, not a dollar more.

This, the extra dollar isn't buying an update, it is actually a huge discount for buying the game off the Wii U store.
---
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h96/jjj1ddd2sss3/sig2.jpg
#15DemonDog666Posted 1/24/2013 1:43:31 AM
mario_gamer posted...
This, the extra dollar isn't buying an update, it is actually a huge discount for buying the game off the Wii U store.

How is paying for something you own a discount?
#16TalentedMPosted 1/24/2013 3:57:41 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

How is paying for something you own a discount?

Yeah, totally on the fence with this. They make it seem like they are doing us a favor by only charging 1$ to be able to play the games... But we already purchased them, we shouldn't have to shell out (for me anyways) a pocket full of bills for this service.

As customers of them already and that we invested our money into their product already we should be able to get the content playable without having to pay extra money, as a customer anyways.

We already own it, we already bought it, I don't see the reason for me to pay around $50 so I can play all my games on the new controller. I really thought the company wouldn't be sticking their hands into my pockets every chance they got after I was already handing them money and giving them money for the new system with backwards compatability being something they were promoting.

Just, don't know how to feel right now. I love the Wii U but the business practice of paying for something I already own and shouldn't have to (as there is no real reason to once you own something to have to pay for it again, paying for updates is wrong....) is just not something I can really respect.

Still loving my Wii U, I guess I will just have to stick to Wii mode :/
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#17niels200683Posted 1/24/2013 4:09:04 AM
I don't like it, won't buy it.

I'll complain about it on miiverse, by e-mail etc.

I wouldn't complain if the wii mode worked per-game, and not as a seperate mode to re-boot - or if I could choose the games to transfer from wii to wii u during system transfer to keep the wiiware and not-yet-supported VC games on the wii.

DSi games are working ok with 3DS - without having to reboot in a 'DSi mode', but Wiiware can't work that way. I don't like it.

Nintendo listens to it's users, complaining works.

So I'll complain for a better tomorrow! I won't pay 150 euros for a single program update. The price is not right.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#18darkjedilinkPosted 1/24/2013 6:41:59 AM
niels200683 posted...
I won't pay 150 euros for a single program update. The price is not right.

You don't have to pay 150 euros for a "single program update." You aren't getting an "update." You're getting a second copy of each of your VC titles.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#19DeathSnipe777Posted 1/24/2013 6:44:15 AM
You only pay to "upgrade" the games you already have to have save states, Miiverse support and off-tv gamepad play. If you don't want to upgrade, you don't have to. You can keep playing your VC games in Wii Mode.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#20darkjedilinkPosted 1/24/2013 6:45:29 AM
Gamechamp3k posted...
The games are the same price as they are in Wii VC. Meaning, if you were to buy the Wii VC version, you'd have to pay a dollar extra to upgrade to the Wii U version, but if you bought the Wii U version from the beginning you'd save a buck.

If you don't already own the game to begin with, you'd be stupid to buy it on Wii VC.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie