sorry to say, but in regards to VC sony > nintendo

#101DraconilianPosted 1/24/2013 12:53:51 AM
No when you argue game quality, you simply can't except on the technical levels, because it's entirely unfair.

Basically, arguing over video games is pretty stupid
I only still do it to keep my anger management/debate/trolling/troll slaying skills sharp.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#102Chocobo115Posted 1/24/2013 12:56:27 AM
Yeah,

Bought FFVI and FFIV : Complete Collection for my Vita yesterday. Now if we could only get Xenogears here in Europe.

And for me personally, I think the Vita has a better library than Wii U and 3DS as of TODAY. Give it another year and I'm pretty sure things have changed.
#103DraconilianPosted 1/24/2013 12:56:36 AM
Look, I don't believe developers pay reviewers for good scores.
What I do believe is that every single game reviewer has their biases. The problem is, game sites basically have the fans review the games they're a fan of. And this simply doesn't work.

IMO, the best way to do reviews is to have a group of reviewers, and have them rotate consoles, and genres, for every single review and challenge them to be as objective as possible

If I want a subjective review, well...
GameFAQS.
---
#104NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 12:59:01 AM(edited)
Exclusive 80+s (metacritic):
Vita: 18 80+ Games Total
1) Persona 4 Golden
2) Little Big Planet Vita
3) Sound Shapes
4) Lumines
5) Gravity Rush
6) Super Stardust Delta
7) Fuel Tiracas?
8) DJ Max
9) Uncharted Golden Abyss

3DS: 22 80+ Games Total
1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) Pushmo
3) Crashmo
4) Mario Kart 7?
5) Kid Icarus Uprising
6) Professor Layton Miracle Mask
7) Art of Balance Touch
Unsure about: Cave Story 3D (3D Remake), Devil Survivor (DS Port?)

WiiU: 11 80+ Games Total
1) New Super Mario Bros U
2) Mighty Switch Force
Unsure About: Batman Armored Edition, Tekken WiiU Edition

% of Exclusives for 80+ Games:
Vita: 50%, 3DS: 32% (36%/45%)*, WiiU: 18% (36%)*
*: Whether or not Unsures count. For 3DS, first includes only Cave Story 3D, second includes the ports.

The Vita has the most exclusives (not including ports), the highest percentage of exclusives among the 80+ rated games, and the Vita has the #1 rated game of all 3 systems.
#105DraconilianPosted 1/24/2013 12:58:31 AM
Nerdstick posted...
1) Persona 4 Golden
3) Sound Shapes
4) Lumines
5) Gravity Rush
6) Super Stardust Delta
7) Fuel Tiracas?
8) DJ Max

1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) Pushmo
3) Crashmo
4) Mario Kart 7?
5) Kid Icarus Uprising
7) Art of Balance Touch
Unsure about: Cave Story 3D (3D Remake), Star Fox 64 3D (3D Remake/Port), Devil Survivor (DS Port)

2) Mighty Switch Force

*: Whether or not Unsures count. For 3DS, first includes only Cave Story 3D, second includes the ports.

The Vita has the highest amount of 80+ rated games (not including ports), the Vita has the highest percentage of exclusives among them, and the Vita has the #1 rated game of all 3 systems.

The chain is only as good as the weakest link
Check out lowest scores for each platform too
Exclusives only of course.

I'm currently debating against the merits of any and all review scores on grounds of subjectivity.
---
#106TrueBlue91Posted 1/24/2013 12:58:39 AM
Draconilian posted...
Look, I don't believe developers pay reviewers for good scores.

Explain how the snoozefest that was Skyward Sword, got such high reviews when it objectively sucked.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#107RahzarXPosted 1/24/2013 12:58:39 AM
Draconilian posted...
No when you argue game quality, you simply can't except on the technical levels, because it's entirely unfair.

I only still do it to keep my anger management/debate/trolling/troll slaying skills sharp.

But most games do NOT have technical faults that inhibit gameplay or ruin the experience... So what makes a game a bad game? Perhaps you could list some examples?

If a game is released and it's technically bad, it's going to be noticed. It's going to hurt the review scores as well. So the review score is indicative of technical quality as well.

Your opinion of technical quality is different than others, so that's still subjective. There are very, very few universal truths. If any. I personally believe there to be none.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#108DraconilianPosted 1/24/2013 1:00:53 AM
RahzarX posted...
Draconilian posted...

But most games do NOT have technical faults that inhibit gameplay or ruin the experience... So what makes a game a bad game? Perhaps you could list some examples?

If a game is released and it's technically bad, it's going to be noticed. It's going to hurt the review scores as well. So the review score is indicative of technical quality as well.

Your opinion of technical quality is different than others, so that's still subjective. There are very, very few universal truths. If any. I personally believe there to be none.

Technically good is Nintendo first party quality
Technically average is something, like.... say... CoD, it has it's bugs and balance issues
Technically bad would be more like... eh, dunno, but they still exist.
Anyway, it's late here, I prefer to do battle with trolls, not make intelligent conversation on this sort of thing. Forgive me, we can talk about this later.
---
#109senelcoolidge_Posted 1/24/2013 1:01:33 AM
Nerdstick posted...
1) Persona 4 Golden
3) Sound Shapes
4) Lumines
5) Gravity Rush
6) Super Stardust Delta
7) Fuel Tiracas?
8) DJ Max

1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) Pushmo
3) Crashmo
4) Mario Kart 7?
5) Kid Icarus Uprising
7) Art of Balance Touch
Unsure about: Cave Story 3D (3D Remake), Devil Survivor (DS Port?)

2) Mighty Switch Force

The Vita has the most exclusives (not including ports), the highest percentage of exclusives among the 80+ rated games, and the Vita has the #1 rated game of all 3 systems.

I still count 14 exclusive 3ds games that are 80+
#110NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 1:02:55 AM(edited)
Draconilian posted...

The chain is only as good as the weakest link
Check out lowest scores for each platform too
Exclusives only of course.

I'm currently debating against the merits of any and all review scores on grounds of subjectivity.

No it isn't, unless you plan on buying every game for the system. Disregard the bad ones. All that matters is how many good games there are to buy. I'd be surprised if the 3DS didn't have a larger library of 'good' games, but in regards to 80+..

But I'll appease you.

Lowest Rated Game for each System (metacritic):
Vita: BLOPS Declassified (32)
3DS: Mad Dog McCree (27)
WiiU: Family Party (11)...

senelcoolidge_ posted...
I still count 14 exclusive 3ds games that are 80+

List them, and only list exclusives. Ports without significant content upgrades don't count.