sorry to say, but in regards to VC sony > nintendo

#141DraconilianPosted 1/24/2013 12:24:14 AM
Nerdstick posted...
Draconilian posted...
Not exclusive
It's on Mac and PC.

I didn't say Windows exclusive. :)

Exclusive is exclusive is exclusive
Mac and pc are considered two different platforms, and Photoshop is available on both.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#142harvestmoonmikePosted 1/24/2013 12:25:15 AM
Draconilian posted...
harvestmoonmike posted...
The cycle is essentially "you don't know what you have until it's gone". The new features that are usually put in new Zelda games don't go appreciated until the next game when they're no longer available.

I'll give you that Skyward Sword holds your hand too much, but there's a heck of a lot of great design in the game too. The exploration and pacing may be a bit unconventional for a Zelda game, having you revisit areas and such, but it provided nice diversions and puzzles along the way too. But I'd say what shines the most from Skyward Sword is the sword combat, making swordfighting an actual game, similar to something like Punch-Out, instead of a button mash-fest as it were in WW and TP. That and the dungeons, the full use of items/weapons throughout the game, and the wonderful puzzles make it a very good game... Would I give it a perfect 10? Heck no, but it's far from a poorly designed game.

Eh, hindsight 20/20?
That's not a zelda cycle. That's human nature.

Anyway, SS could be absolutely incredible in thousands of ways
But it's
NOT
WORTH
FI

It's every Zelda game though, as most Zelda games don't rely on improving the system, they essentially try things different each time, and most gamers go in hoping for something bigger and better, not necessarily different. So when they get something new they may not respond to it well, and they may get angry at what was removed... Not all sequels to games do that sort of thing, a lot of sequels to other series keep adding and improving with each new game (just look at any Valve franchise), Zelda isn't a series to do that, so a lot of people often have a change of heart on old games with every new release.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#143DraconilianPosted 1/24/2013 12:28:18 AM
Iharvestmoonmike posted...
Draconilian posted...
harvestmoonmike posted...
The cycle is essentially "you don't know what you have until it's gone". The new features that are usually put in new Zelda games don't go appreciated until the next game when they're no longer available.

I'll give you that Skyward Sword holds your hand too much, but there's a heck of a lot of great design in the game too. The exploration and pacing may be a bit unconventional for a Zelda game, having you revisit areas and such, but it provided nice diversions and puzzles along the way too. But I'd say what shines the most from Skyward Sword is the sword combat, making swordfighting an actual game, similar to something like Punch-Out, instead of a button mash-fest as it were in WW and TP. That and the dungeons, the full use of items/weapons throughout the game, and the wonderful puzzles make it a very good game... Would I give it a perfect 10? Heck no, but it's far from a poorly designed game.

Eh, hindsight 20/20?
That's not a zelda cycle. That's human nature.

Anyway, SS could be absolutely incredible in thousands of ways
But it's
NOT
WORTH
FI

It's every Zelda game though, as most Zelda games don't rely on improving the system, they essentially try things different each time, and most gamers go in hoping for something bigger and better, not necessarily different. So when they get something new they may not respond to it well, and they may get angry at what was removed... Not all sequels to games do that sort of thing, a lot of sequels to other series keep adding and improving with each new game (just look at any Valve franchise), Zelda isn't a series to do that, so a lot of people often have a change of heart on old games with every new release.

It may be that I'm tired, or maybe you are poor at explaining. I dunno, but I don't see your point.

Anyway, heading to sleep. I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread for some fun reads

Also, I'm being totally sincere, enjoyed talking with most of you, even Nerdstick.
Baiiiiii.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#144senelcoolidge_Posted 1/24/2013 12:31:05 AM
and I still don't understand why sound shapes was considered as an exclusive? can it not be played on the ps3?
#145TechniMyokoPosted 1/24/2013 1:17:07 AM(edited)
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Pushmo
Ocarina of Time 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Colors! 3D
Crashmo
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus Uprising
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Resident Evil Revelations
Art of Balance Touch
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Mutant Mudds
Star Fox 3D (but you won't count this)

so 12 sorry.

Oot3d isnt exclusive. Its on n64, gamecube, wii
Mutand mudds is also on vita, so is colors
Starfox is on n64
Resevil revelations is going to be on ps3 360 pc and wiiu

Keyword was exclusives
#146darkqueenhelbaPosted 1/24/2013 1:21:52 AM
The joys of owning all systems. I don't have to worry about it. If money was a huge concern of mine, I wouldn't be buying luxury items like video games in the first place.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#147Tenchi UKPosted 1/24/2013 2:18:23 AM
Ps3 and vita do have the advantage of being region free though
---
Pear into Peaches!
#148petran78Posted 1/24/2013 2:46:55 AM
Draconilian posted...
RahzarX posted...
If only the Vita didn't have the worst library of games of all time...

I'm sure the worst vita game is worth more than the entire library combined of the....
3DO
Atari Jaguar/CD
Virtual Boy
And Phantom.

Wing Commander is better than the entire library of Vita
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#149StopTheTediousPosted 1/24/2013 3:09:16 AM
RahzarX posted...
If only the Vita didn't have the worst library of games of all time...
#150PHEEliNUXPosted 1/24/2013 3:16:54 AM(edited)
And why are you saying this here?

Edit: Oh wait sorry, Did read VG instead of VC

And yeah i agree with it

---
PSN:PHEEliNUX