"Nintendo dropped bombs today"

#1SAMCROftwPosted 1/24/2013 12:05:22 AM
what happened? I heard a lot of complaining and praise for Nintendo. But why? what the hell happened today?
#2CrystalKing5426Posted 1/24/2013 12:09:05 AM(edited)
Nintendo retaliated for the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings soon after they bought Japan, despite it being nearly 70 years after the fact. Unsurprisingly, it sparked a huge international conflict, but some people are defending it.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#3fhqwghadPosted 1/24/2013 12:30:10 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Nintendo retaliated for the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings soon after they bought Japan, despite it being nearly 70 years after the fact. Unsurprisingly, it sparked a huge international conflict, but some people are defending it.

truth
---
Askin the tough questions
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 1/24/2013 12:30:50 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...

I laughed harder than I should.
#5blue_hedgehogPosted 1/24/2013 12:31:56 AM
what happened? I heard a lot of complaining and praise for Nintendo. But why? what the hell happened today?

Wind Waker HD, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Xenoblade successor, Yoshi's Epic Yarn(working title)
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X/Y Board, The 7th Gen Pokemon games http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#6NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 12:34:06 AM
Yoshi is an Epic Yarn rehash, Nintendo's charging you $1 per game to 'upgrade' to the newer VC emulator.
#7AhnoldDoodPosted 1/24/2013 12:36:34 AM
Nerdstick posted...
Yoshi is an Epic Yarn rehash

Remember when Epic Yarn gave me the ability to switch between 2D and 3D, and was entirely 2.5D?

Nintendo's charging you $1 per game to 'upgrade' to the newer VC emulator.

I love how you're putting upgrade in... apostrophes... as if Off-TV Play, Miiverse, and mappable controls aren't an upgrade.
#8RahzarXPosted 1/24/2013 12:38:45 AM
They're fixing the OS Speed to eliminate loading times.

Miiverse on phones.

Search topic: Direct Summary, my topic lists all of it
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#9niels200683Posted 1/24/2013 1:06:02 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Nerdstick posted...
Yoshi is an Epic Yarn rehash

Remember when Epic Yarn gave me the ability to switch between 2D and 3D, and was entirely 2.5D?

Nintendo's charging you $1 per game to 'upgrade' to the newer VC emulator.

I love how you're putting upgrade in... apostrophes... as if Off-TV Play, Miiverse, and mappable controls aren't an upgrade.

I only want to get my VC games on Wii U, without using the craptacular wii-mode.
I also don't want to do the wii transfer to do so. I don't want to use the terrible wii-mode for my wiiware games either (some of which won't even work) - I expected a unified account system by now.

Instead we get to pay for each game:
Their most loyal fans will be bent over most. Someone who has over 100 VC titles will have to pay up to 150 bucks just to use their games on the new device - and will still have to deal with titles that won't work and the wii mode

So yeah - thanks, Nintendo. I think I won't upgrade half of the games of my VC which you will actually drip-feed us for 150 bucks - and be much happier playing wiiware on my wii without the silly design of wii-mode - I'll be 150 bucks richer and will still be able to play both Lostwinds and Castlevania as long as I use composite instead of component cables.

It's a ripoff, there's no defending it - as their competition simply handles it better.

Loved the yoshis epic yarn, X and SMT vs FE announcement, though.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#10AhnoldDoodPosted 1/24/2013 1:10:13 AM
niels200683 posted...
I only want to get my VC games on Wii U, without using the craptacular wii-mode.

Its the exact same thing as the Wii's Menu.

I also don't want to do the wii transfer to do so.

Because its perfectly logical to want to have your old games on a new system, but without actually putting it on the system.

Instead we get to pay for each game

Damn that Nintendo, making us pay for our games.

So yeah - thanks, Nintendo. I think I won't upgrade half of the games of my VC which you will actually drip-feed us for 150 bucks - and be much happier playing wiiware on my wii without the silly design of wii-mode

OK. Who was stopping you? You're crying about NOTHING.

It's a ripoff, there's no defending it - as their competition simply handles it better.

Yeah, remember when Microsoft allowed you to play Xbox games on the Smartglass for free? Or when Sony allows you to have PS1 games via PS3/Vita combo? Oh wait.