"Nintendo dropped bombs today"

#11niels200683Posted 1/24/2013 1:21:32 AM
AhnoldDood posted...

Its the exact same thing as the Wii's Menu.

No, it's not. It's missing features, controller options, compatibility - and requires a seperate reboot.

Because its perfectly logical to want to have your old games on a new system, but without actually putting it on the system.

Yeah, place my quote out of context, then comment on it - great conversation skills you got there... didn't I elaborate in my post WHY I didn't want to do the transfer? I thought I did...

Damn that Nintendo, making us pay for our games.

I already paid. I paid 5 buck per nes game, 8 per snes game and 350 for the wii U console.

OK. Who was stopping you? You're crying about NOTHING.

I'm not crying, dude - I'm complaining. Why are you defending that we have to pay - per game - for a solution to a poor design choice?
Not to mention that this paid solution even disables me from playing some wiiware games. It's a legitimate complaint.

Yeah, remember when Microsoft allowed you to play Xbox games on the Smartglass for free? Or when Sony allows you to have PS1 games via PS3/Vita combo? Oh wait.

You mean... I can't play a game I bought on PS3's 'VC' on PSP or VITA?

Oh wait, yes I can.
In case of Nintendo, to get your game on your new home console AND your portable, you have to pay for it three times, once for the original, once for the wii U update, once for your 3DS.

It's a ripoff and I can complain about it all I want. ya can't stop me.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#12P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/24/2013 1:27:30 AM
@niels

You are a sad, strange little man
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#13AhnoldDoodPosted 1/24/2013 1:27:58 AM
niels200683 posted...
didn't I elaborate in my post WHY I didn't want to do the transfer? I thought I did...

You didn't. You just said "Wii Mode sucks, I don't wanna transfer, blah blah blah".

I already paid. I paid 5 buck per nes game, 8 per snes game and 350 for the wii U console.

So you think that everything else you get should be free? Oh vey, kid. You'd be one of those people who think they should get free HD remakes because you bought the original game 10 years ago.

I'm not crying, dude - I'm complaining

I don't see the difference.

Why are you defending that we have to pay - per game - for a solution to a poor design choice?

1) How is the Wii VC not having GamePad support or Miiverse BEFORE the Wii U came about a bad design choice?

2) I'm only saying that this is life, you don't get every single thing for free.

Not to mention that this paid solution even disables me from playing some wiiware games.

How? HOW?? YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY ANYTHING TO PLAY THE GAME IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT.
#14Sirian_HawkPosted 1/24/2013 1:44:53 AM(edited)
Oh here we go again...

"Wah wah wah! I deserve free stuff! How dare Nintendo not give me free stuff! Can't they see how important I am? Don't they know they only exist to service me? This universe is mine and it is only by my grace that Nintendo is allowed to exist in it! Gimme gimme gimme! FREE!!!"
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#15NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 1:46:21 AM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Oh here we go again...

"Wah wah wah! I deserve free stuff! How dare Nintendo not give me free stuff! Can't they see how important I am? Don't they know they only exist to service me? This universe is mine and it is only by my grace that Nintendo is allowed to exist in it! Gimme gimme gimme! FREE!!!"

It's not free when you paid $4-5+ for the game. The complaint is entirely justified, especially when compared to the competition's much superior offerings.
#16niels200683Posted 1/24/2013 1:49:21 AM
PAL castlevania - doesn't work with an HDMI cable
Lost winds doesn't work at all.
I cannot transfer any seperate items, it's all or nothing.

These are the main reasons I don't want to transfer.

The wii mode is a bad design choice, I was hoping for a fix to it, some way my VC and wiiware titles would be better integrated (like DSI titles on 3DS) - and instead I get to pay 1 to 1,5 bucks for each of my virtual console titles to get a partial fix.

I love the rest of the ND announcements, but I really hate the way Nintendo is handling Wii-to-Wii U online purchase transfers.

... and now you are telling me I cannot be publicly dissappointed because of this...

Are you a dictator in real-life too?
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#17Sirian_HawkPosted 1/24/2013 1:51:18 AM
Nerdstick posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Oh here we go again...

It's not free when you paid $4-5+ for the game. The complaint is entirely justified, especially when compared to the competition's much superior offerings.

That complaint is never justified. You don't get the right to anything free. The only control you have is to simply not buy something. If you feel the competition is superior, go there. That is your right. Demanding something for free is just acting entitled.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#18NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 1:52:37 AM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Nerdstick posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Oh here we go again...

That complaint is never justified. You don't get the right to anything free. The only control you have is to simply not buy something. If you feel the competition is superior, go there. That is your right. Demanding something for free is just acting entitled.

By that logic Nintendo could have said you had to pay full-price and rebuy any game you want on the WiiU VC, and you'd have no right to complain either? Complaints are for improving the existing service, and are justified.
#19Sirian_HawkPosted 1/24/2013 1:55:10 AM
Nerdstick posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Nerdstick posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Oh here we go again...

By that logic Nintendo could have said you had to pay full-price and rebuy any game you want on the WiiU VC, and you'd have no right to complain either? Complaints are for improving the existing service, and are justified.

Yes, Nintendo could have, and would have the right to do so. Your right as the consumer is to not buy it. Complaint without action is just whining. Don't like it? Don't buy it!
---
#20CaptainMoosePosted 1/24/2013 1:59:00 AM
This is hilarious seeing the trolls trying to spin yesterday's news as bad. Lol.
U mad ur not getting any of these games or what guys?