Any word on if Nintendo will release a patch to fix Overscan issues???

#1wvu9787Posted 1/24/2013 12:13:50 AM
I know that overscan is a big problem with the WII U and my TV does not have the option to fix it, as noted before you can adjust screen size in MiiVerse, Internet Browser and in the E-shop but not for the main menu or games, has anything been said about a patch from Nintendo yet??

From what I understand its not the Wii U's fault because all of the HD systems overscan as well but the PS3/360 made it not a problem by creating a safe zone by not using 10% of the outside edges for anything. I also have a PS3, 360 and have no issues at all with this on those systems.

My TV does not have the option on it and I really don't want to have to buy a new HD TV just for my WII U, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Nintendo fixes this soon.
---
Xbox 360 GT: Chrisanarchy13
PSN GT: Wvu9787
#2RainsweptPosted 1/24/2013 12:14:46 AM
If they do they'll probably charge you for it like they're charging for the VC game patches.
#3SkyCrackersPosted 1/24/2013 12:26:05 AM(edited)
The Wii U's menu places some important elements on the picture edge, causing them to get cut off from the overscan, but actual Wii U games will display exactly as they do on the PS3/360, with the exact same amount of overscan. The reason is, overscan is done by the TV, not the console. Yes, 360/PS3 games do place image information in the overscan zone, they don't add a black buffer or anything. So, the only time you're missing out on anything is on the home menu.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#4RainsweptPosted 1/24/2013 12:25:53 AM
SkyCrackers posted...
The Wii U's menu places some important elements on the picture edge, causing them to get cut off from the overscan, but actual Wii U games will display exactly as they do on the PS3/360, with the exact same amount of overscan. The reason is, overscan is done by the TV, not the console. So, the only time you're missing out on anything is on the home menu and miiverse.

If by "exactly" you mean "WiiU games will mostly look like 360/PS3 games but with worse frame rate and missing/toned down graphical and game play features" then yeah.

But still no because that wouldn't be "exact".
#5shinkukage09Posted 1/24/2013 12:28:04 AM
Rainswept posted...
SkyCrackers posted...
The Wii U's menu places some important elements on the picture edge, causing them to get cut off from the overscan, but actual Wii U games will display exactly as they do on the PS3/360, with the exact same amount of overscan. The reason is, overscan is done by the TV, not the console. So, the only time you're missing out on anything is on the home menu and miiverse.

If by "exactly" you mean "WiiU games will mostly look like 360/PS3 games but with worse frame rate and missing/toned down graphical and game play features" then yeah.

But still no because that wouldn't be "exact".

Uhhh...considering most games are running better on it, and will eventually be running MUCH better...no.
---
Gamefaq's resident imorian Touhou-fanatic.
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 1/24/2013 12:28:17 AM
Rainswept posted...
If by "exactly" you mean "WiiU games will mostly look like 360/PS3 games but with worse frame rate and missing/toned down graphical and game play features"

1) Framerate is dependent on what the developers do, twit.

2) "Missing/toned down graphical and game play features"? Just LOL to that.
#7RainsweptPosted 1/24/2013 12:33:51 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Rainswept posted...
If by "exactly" you mean "WiiU games will mostly look like 360/PS3 games but with worse frame rate and missing/toned down graphical and game play features"

1) Framerate is dependent on what the developers do, twit.

2) "Missing/toned down graphical and game play features"? Just LOL to that.

Wow way to rebut my assertion with facts. Good job, kid.

On a more serious note, shouldn't you be looking for a job? If you start walking now you might get somewhere by the time the sun comes up.
#8AhnoldDoodPosted 1/24/2013 12:34:36 AM
Rainswept posted...
Wow way to rebut my assertion with facts. Good job, kid.

Why thank you.