Question, is the Eshop for the Wii U account based?

#1ValzacardXPosted 1/24/2013 12:24:23 AM
Most likely is called something else and Eshop, but anyway is it account based? The main thing that keeps me from getting digital content on Nintendo systems is that reason alone. I heard horror stories of people who spent hundreds of dollars for digital content and was SOL when something happened to their system(bricked while updating, or selling the console being the most common). I also remember hearing that accounts for the 3DS were coming in the future, but something like that should have been around sense launch <.<

Now I know its not a big deal for some, but for me who has had something happen to at least everyone of my consoles(360 RRoD, PS3 stopped displaying Video, younger ones formatting the Wii just to name some incidents), its is a big factor to me.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#2TheStarCorePosted 1/24/2013 12:27:54 AM
Yes and No.

Purchases are linked to your account, and the console. With no public way of transferring Nintendo ID's between consoles, currently they're stuck on 1 console unless you send it to Nintendo if it breaks,
#3ValzacardX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:29:53 AM
Yes and No.

Purchases are linked to your account, and the console. With no public way of transferring Nintendo ID's between consoles, currently they're stuck on 1 console unless you send it to Nintendo if it breaks,

So what happens if something happens to the account? Is it like Xbox live, or PSN where I can retrieve it from online?
---
#4NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 12:34:42 AM
I think you'd have to contact Nintendo Support and hope they swap it for you.
#5CaptainMoosePosted 1/24/2013 12:36:49 AM
You don't hope they do it, they WILL do it. Until the account transfer option gets opened up in the future that is.
#6ValzacardX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:06:48 AM
Swap? I'm not understanding what is Nintendo swapping my account? I just couldn't re download it?
---
#7HungtotheoverPosted 1/24/2013 1:17:35 AM
ValzacardX posted...
Swap? I'm not understanding what is Nintendo swapping my account? I just couldn't re download it?

How many times do you need to be told the answer?
Seriously...pay attention and quit hoping for something that's not there.
---
I own you said the buyer.
#8HungtotheoverPosted 1/24/2013 1:18:53 AM
You really need to change your signature.
---
I own you said the buyer.
#9hellbringherPosted 1/24/2013 1:20:37 AM
Tc lacks common sense. It's the same freaking system as the Wii.
---
Known trolls --- AhnoldDood * baha05 * cloudstrife630 * P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
#10TheStarCorePosted 1/24/2013 1:26:37 AM
ValzacardX posted...

As I stated, there's no public way to get accounts a new console. Nintendo have stated they could allow it at some point, but for now to move accounts between systems you need to send in the system to them. So whilst purchases are linked to an account, accounts are linked to a console. So until that changes, purchases are also linked to a console