In honor of SMT x FE, I will attempt to play all of the SMT and FE games

#1-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/24/2013 1:36:57 AM
In honor of SMT x FE, I will attempt to play all the games in both series. I've never played a FE game since its never interested me, but I've only played three SMT games -- SMT, Persona 3, Persona 4. I didn't get too far in SMT since its the most outdated, headache-inducing, and pretty hard game, but I'm going to stop being such a casual babby. I guess I will start with the first FE tonight and blogFAQs about it.
#2-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:42:35 AM
Welp, can't find a translated ROM of the first Fire Emblem or any of its remakes (probably not trying that hard), but I decided to begin with SMT: Strange Journey.

Anyway, just started Strange Journey. South Pole turned into a black hole concentration camp ran by Nazi Demons I guess. I gotta go in and investigate.
#3cb52211Posted 1/24/2013 1:52:19 AM
Strange Journey wasn't really my cup of tea. I'm more of a Nocturne/Digital Devil Saga fan. And good luck trying to beat Nocturne, especially if you're playing it without a strategy guide or walkthrough.
#4CaptainMoosePosted 1/24/2013 1:53:57 AM
Nocturnes great, but I actually preferred St.range Journey. It had that classic SMT vibe to it.
#5-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:02:13 AM
cb52211 posted...
Strange Journey wasn't really my cup of tea. I'm more of a Nocturne/Digital Devil Saga fan. And good luck trying to beat Nocturne, especially if you're playing it without a strategy guide or walkthrough.

I can get Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga online for about $20 thankfully. I really want to play it.

CaptainMoose posted...
Nocturnes great, but I actually preferred St.range Journey. It had that classic SMT vibe to it.

I only just got into the black hole, but I can definitely see the classic elements in Strange Journey, having played SMT, mainly the allignment system for now.
#6-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:18:32 AM
OH SH- I just got the Demon Summoning Program. I frickin' love that thing.

I've also played Catherine, but I hardly doubt we will see any references to that in SMT x FE. And although Persona are perhaps the biggest SMT games right now, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see any references to that game as well. I think I heard that Persona doesn't have the SMT title in Japan.