C'mon Nintendo where are the new IPs.

#21PoltergustPosted 1/24/2013 2:33:51 AM
Miyamoto is supposed to have 1 or 2 new IPs at E3. Just be patient.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#22monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:41:24 AM
squatch22 posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
squatch22 posted...
I wonder what GT6, Uncharted 4, God of War 7, Resistance 4, Killzone 4, Ratchet and Clank sequel are gonna be like...

Not sure what that has got to do with the WiiU.

If you are suggesting that Sony makes lots of sequels then you should also know they make lots of new IPs. This generation alone has many including uncharted, littlebigplanet and infamous to name a few. May alone adds 2 more with beyond and last of us.

I just wish Nintendo would surprise us all with new IPs.

Nintendo makes new IPs too. Just that ppl like u choose to ignore their existence...

Aren't they 3rd party or downloadable mini games like Pullblox?

I can't remember the last time Nintendo did a new ip on the level of pikmin. Got any examples?
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#23monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:44:11 AM
Poltergust posted...
Miyamoto is supposed to have 1 or 2 new IPs at E3. Just be patient.

Interesting. Hope it's true and they aren't mini games.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#24LugiaMaster45Posted 1/24/2013 3:25:31 AM
wow do you not see the new ips nintendo releases every console gen? snes had fzero and starfox. N64 had smash bros wave race and 1080 snowboarding. gamcube animal crossing and pikmin. wii wii series (sports,play,music,fit) excit truck (kind of) thats all i can think of so far.

im pretty sure the Wii U will get a new ip. but i feel it needs to utilize its less popular games.
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE
#25CyclicalPosted 1/24/2013 3:31:49 AM
Nintendo's made so many new IPs, it's just that they sell **** and you don't remember them.
#26GloryChaosPosted 1/24/2013 3:41:48 AM
Last new IP was steel diver. Hey, it wasn't a bad game. I'm not counting the eshop stuff but there's Sakura Samurai.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#27monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:45:33 AM
LugiaMaster45 posted...
wow do you not see the new ips nintendo releases every console gen? snes had fzero and starfox. N64 had smash bros wave race and 1080 snowboarding. gamcube animal crossing and pikmin. wii wii series (sports,play,music,fit) excit truck (kind of) thats all i can think of so far.

im pretty sure the Wii U will get a new ip. but i feel it needs to utilize its less popular games.

Of course I do. But like I said since pikmin they haven't created any decent IPs. The Wii ones were nothing special. When you think back to the snes and n64 era they had loads of new IPs each generation. The past couple they seem to just rely on the old names.
---
#28tuznecotePosted 1/24/2013 3:48:37 AM
I don't mind Nintendo not pulling out new IPs just yet. They need to get their foot under the table with recognisable old ones and hopefully with a fresh new take on them all rather than repeats.
#29mkfreddddiPosted 1/24/2013 3:53:33 AM
nintendos newest 1st party franchise that everyone seems to love is Xenoblade Chronicles. there are more, but other older and newer IPs could use games too. Pikmin, kid icarus, punchout, and others could use more games. bring in new IPs but also bring back old ones along with still producing the current favs
---
PROUD supporter of NINTENDO, microsoft, and sony
--PSN & NNiD: UNTAIM3D_3MP3RR, Live: UNTAIM3D 3MP3RR
#30Oxo_64Posted 1/24/2013 4:39:01 AM
Want new IPs? Check the 3DS eShop.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1717 - 5353
PSN: Oxo-64