C'mon Nintendo where are the new IPs.

#41UndietakerPosted 1/24/2013 5:20:54 AM
laxnd23 posted...
Because the other consoles have new first party IPs all the time /sarcasm.

In today's game market, new IPs come along very rarely from first parties. They come from third parties now.

Other consoles don't need to rely on first party IPs cause they do this weird thing, what was it again.....
Oh yeah, actually SUPPORT THIRD PARTY GAMES........
#42xOmniCloudxPosted 1/24/2013 5:31:16 AM
Nintendo has been weak on new IPs and third party support ever since the SNES days ended. It was at its absolute worst with the Wii in both departments. I hope to see it improve. Having familiar stuff is good but that seems to be what they rely on every cycle almost exclusively and it isn't exciting at this point. More new and variety please. SEGA when they were in the console race and Sony are so much better at it. Sony changes first party IP focus almost every gen and retain only a few when old ones eventually get replaced by new ones even if insanely mega popular for a prominent number of years. SEGA as a third party constantly cranks out new IPs that are first party even while still cranking out old stuff.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#43AtalalamaPosted 1/24/2013 5:41:09 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Is anyone else sick of Nintendo making the same games over and over again.

Nope.

It's so predictable. It was obvious that Zelda, mario and mario kart would come to the WiiU. It's all mario this and mario that. What's worse is that they are prob ages away.

Possibly, yet these IPs usually turn out fantastic games, so I'm willing to wait.

I want to be surprised like Nintendo did with pikmin on the GameCube. Nintendo seem to be living off the success they had before the Wii.

The same could be said of dozens of Publishers. Face it: Games are just to expensive to make anymore to experiment with new IPs. The new IP's we DO see tend to get milked for all they're worth, or the developer has a strong following who'll guy-up any of their games (NIS/A & Gust come to immediate mind here...).

Pikmin was prob Nintendo's last great new ip.

WarioWare would like to have a word with you. As would Xenoblade, Golden Sun, Nintendogs, Brain Age, Mario & Luigi, Trace Memory (U.S. never got the sequel(s)...some may have come out before Pikmin, but they've all had sequels since and originiated in the same generation or after Pikmin.

Nintendo I'm waiting for you to blow my mind. I know you can do it but so far you are failing.

Their pile of money they swim through a la Scrooge McDuck is laughing at you. Not the swimmers, the money.
#44toad133Posted 1/24/2013 5:53:26 AM
Didn't you hear Iwata specifically say "You were probably expecting those games, so here are some less expected games?".

They aren't new (well, X looks to be) but you can't say Yoshi or Fire Emblem get as many games as Mario or Zelda now do. Heck, the last Yoshi game was released in what...2006?
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#45DeathSnipe777Posted 1/24/2013 5:57:22 AM
Other consoles don't need to rely on first party IPs cause they do this weird thing, what was it again.....
Oh yeah, actually SUPPORT THIRD PARTY GAMES........

And most of the "great" third party games coming out this year are sequels, clones or reboots.

Not that that's going to stop me from buying them. Just like it doesn't stop people from buying Mario. A good game is a good game. But you're foolish if you think the other companies are any more original that Nintendo is.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#46odinoPosted 1/24/2013 6:02:58 AM
They'll still sell millions each, and a new generation of gamers always rebuy these franchises. Mario Kart is new to them if the previous release is 3 years old!

Anyone remember Wii Music?
#47DW2189Posted 1/24/2013 6:11:50 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
0/10.

Funny how you complain about Nintendo "not making any new IPs". Yeah, that's such an original thought.

Oh look, a butthurt fanboy. He is right, original thought or not, he is right.
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587
#48ARsignal11Posted 1/24/2013 6:12:00 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
It's so predictable.

This topic is pretty predictable too.
#49StopTheTediousPosted 1/24/2013 6:21:38 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Is anyone else sick of Nintendo making the same games over and over again.

No. Next troll topic, please.
#50whizkid7Posted 1/24/2013 6:30:03 AM
toad133 posted...
Didn't you hear Iwata specifically say "You were probably expecting those games, so here are some less expected games?".

They aren't new (well, X looks to be) but you can't say Yoshi or Fire Emblem get as many games as Mario or Zelda now do. Heck, the last Yoshi game was released in what...2006?

I kind of agree with this. I mean, they're not 'new' IPs per se, but they're ones we don't see often. And now they seem like they're branching out existing IPs into different directions from their originals. (Pokemon Conquest and that SMTxFE game, for example) So they're not 'new' as in a brand new thing we've never seen, but they're 'new' in the sense that they're changing up what we've grown accustomed to, and I'm okay with that.
---
Arms is like being a chainsaw running around. Prot is like being a castle that walks around punching people in the face with it's drawbridge.