C'mon Nintendo where are the new IPs.

#51DarkMasterShakePosted 1/24/2013 6:36:07 AM
squatch22 posted...
I wonder what GT6, Uncharted 4, God of War 7, Resistance 4, Killzone 4, Ratchet and Clank sequel are gonna be like...

I notice you didn't mention the IPs Sony came out with this generation, besides Resistance.

Way to be a blind fanboy, when it comes to New IPS and 3rd parties, Sony is good, you know except when developers do half ass jobs on their multi platform games.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#52TeraPatrick2008Posted 1/24/2013 6:42:30 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Is anyone else sick of Nintendo making the same games over and over again.

No.
In fact, that's why I love Nintendo.
#53HungoverHero777Posted 1/24/2013 6:45:23 AM
Wonderful 101?
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#54CrownClown555Posted 1/24/2013 6:49:14 AM
DarkMasterShake posted...
squatch22 posted...
I wonder what GT6, Uncharted 4, God of War 7, Resistance 4, Killzone 4, Ratchet and Clank sequel are gonna be like...

I notice you didn't mention the IPs Sony came out with this generation, besides Resistance.

Way to be a blind fanboy, when it comes to New IPS and 3rd parties, Sony is good, you know except when developers do half ass jobs on their multi platform games.

Easy to call him a blind fanboy, maybe you should give his sentence another read to see what you missed. Here a tips, he noted more then just Resistence.

In any case I think his point was that other franchise even from Sony are milked too, not that I don`t enjoy their games.
#55Ex360Posted 1/24/2013 6:54:19 AM
Neutron15 posted...
needs more Fatal Frame

Sweet hell, yes!!!!
#56SnackasaurusPosted 1/24/2013 6:54:58 AM
I think the new IPs talk is kinda meh. Nintendo IP's branch out MUCH more into spinoffs that basically play completely differently from one another, but share the same characters, sometimes not even many of those. Plus there have been new Nintendo IP through downloads and lower key releases.

And yes, Sony has made some new IP this generation. Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Resistance, Infamous along with some awesome download games Like Journey and Tokyo Jungle, but Sony also pumps out sequel upon sequel and gets 0 flack for it. We've had 4 Uncharted games. We've had 4 LittleBigPlanet games. 5 Resistance games, 3 Infamous games and that's not to mention the series they continue on with from last gen like 3-4 *some spinoffs* Rachet & Clank games, 4 *One spinoff* Killzone games and 4 God of War games. Sony likes to make "more of the same" as much as anyone.
#57jacktripperPosted 1/24/2013 7:18:59 AM
All of the companies do it. Look at all the sequels on 360. I don't get this whole new IP thing. How about they just make great games?
#58Revival125Posted 1/24/2013 7:19:51 AM
TeraPatrick2008 posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Is anyone else sick of Nintendo making the same games over and over again.

No.
In fact, that's why I love Nintendo.

You're the type of gamer that's ruined Nintendo. Just happy to accept the same damn things.

I dont think the TC is trolling at all. Don't you people realise that what he is advocating BENEFITS you? More games that give some diversity benefit us all! I guess its just me, im not one of those gamers who can just play COD or Mario for a year straight, every freaking day, that would bore me to death.

What I also notice in this thread is so many of you are constantly going back to sales figures "Mario and Zelda are big sellers". FFS guys we are gamers not accountants.
#59Virus66Posted 1/24/2013 7:23:13 AM
The problem is that people want more of the same. They could have released Super Mario Galaxy as Penguin Galaxy and had it star Petey the Penguin instead and took out everything Mario related and no one would have bought it.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#60neverwinPosted 1/24/2013 7:24:24 AM
Nintendo has a ridiculous amount of IPs, I don't know why they need more...

Wii's New IP List
Xenoblade
Pandora's Tower
Captain Rainbow
Wii Sports/Music/Whathaveyou
Disaster Day of Crisis

Gamecube's new IP list
Eternal Darkness
Pikmin
Cubivore
Animal Crossing

N64 new IP List
Sin and Punishment
1080 Snow Boarding
Paper Mario
Smash Bros

Etc.

Those are all the ones that to came to mind on Nintendo's last three systems, and I know that's not all of them
---
If you're so great then why do you corrupt those who are just as great?
http://i.imgur.com/S0RN1.jpg