C'mon Nintendo where are the new IPs.

#61jon davisPosted 1/24/2013 8:24:54 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Is anyone else sick of Nintendo making the same games over and over again. It's so predictable. It was obvious that Zelda, mario and mario kart would come to the WiiU. It's all mario this and mario that. What's worse is that they are prob ages away.

I want to be surprised like Nintendo did with pikmin on the GameCube. Nintendo seem to be living off the success they had before the Wii. Pikmin was prob Nintendo's last great new ip.

Nintendo I'm waiting for you to blow my mind. I know you can do it but so far you are failing.

Nintendo

New IPs

Pick one.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#62El_ZaggyPosted 1/24/2013 8:25:52 AM
Buy a pc or other consoles if you want innovation and new IPs. Nintendo is for the old school gamer who refuse to evolve, kids and casuals.

TIf you want to buy a nintendo console you should take this into consideration. Because you will not be pleased by the game library on a nintendo console if youre looking new IPs
#63jon davisPosted 1/24/2013 8:31:14 AM
El_Zaggy posted...
Buy a pc or other consoles if you want innovation and new IPs. Nintendo is for the old school gamer who refuse to evolve, kids and casuals.

TIf you want to buy a nintendo console you should take this into consideration. Because you will not be pleased by the game library on a nintendo console if youre looking new IPs

True that, i only bought my Gamecube (my only Nintendo console) for the Resi series and Biaten Kaitos,Splinter Cell and Eternal Darkness.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#64Alfieri xPosted 1/24/2013 8:32:02 AM
It's surprising how in almost every topic he talks about Pikmin, I guess it's the only game he could think to troll. LOL at you! Good day, sir.
---
"I call upon thee in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
#65TJSpykePosted 1/24/2013 8:44:19 AM
I am sick of trolls with this argument. First, you can do new ideas with existing IPs (see the Super Mario Galaxy games, 2 of the best games of all time). Some of the new IPs they have created in the last 10 years:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Freakyforms
Pushmo
Dillon's Rolling Western
Rhythm Hunter Harmot Knights
Fluidity
Sakura Samurai
Art Academy
Steel Diver
Nintendogs
Aura-Aura Climber
Rhythm Heaven
Fossil Fighters
Soma Bringer
ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
Hotel Dusk
Elite Beat Agents
Art Style
Mystery Case Files
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story
Endless Ocean
FlingSmash
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Geist
Captain Rainbow
Brain Age
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#66El_ZaggyPosted 1/24/2013 8:44:48 AM
you know what i really think. Nintendo should have bought some THQ assets. Saint rows, darksiders, company of heroes...
#67DarkMasterShakePosted 1/24/2013 8:49:24 AM
CrownClown555 posted...
DarkMasterShake posted...
squatch22 posted...
I wonder what GT6, Uncharted 4, God of War 7, Resistance 4, Killzone 4, Ratchet and Clank sequel are gonna be like...

I notice you didn't mention the IPs Sony came out with this generation, besides Resistance.

Way to be a blind fanboy, when it comes to New IPS and 3rd parties, Sony is good, you know except when developers do half ass jobs on their multi platform games.

Easy to call him a blind fanboy, maybe you should give his sentence another read to see what you missed. Here a tips, he noted more then just Resistence.

In any case I think his point was that other franchise even from Sony are milked too, not that I don`t enjoy their games.

He's missed Infamous, PSAS, games like Heavy Rain, and others. Still, they are not no where near as milked as Nintendo franchises, so why even compare them?

That's why he's a blind fanboy, instead of admitting that Nintendo has problems eith software variety and quality (imo), he tries to bring up what Sony does, as if that makes it better.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#68CBASH13Posted 1/24/2013 8:52:30 AM
I've just about given up on Nintendo. It's the same old recycled crap every gen. They should simply become a software company. Mario games are as common as CoD, with nearly a year by year release. Do something different and surprise us. They want to release gimmicky console ideas and claim how innovative they are, then go down the safe path and release sequel after sequel.
---
It is what it is
#69RikusTwilightPosted 1/24/2013 9:03:46 AM
Snackasaurus posted...
I think the new IPs talk is kinda meh. Nintendo IP's branch out MUCH more into spinoffs that basically play completely differently from one another, but share the same characters, sometimes not even many of those. Plus there have been new Nintendo IP through downloads and lower key releases.

And yes, Sony has made some new IP this generation. Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Resistance, Infamous along with some awesome download games Like Journey and Tokyo Jungle, but Sony also pumps out sequel upon sequel and gets 0 flack for it. We've had 4 Uncharted games. We've had 4 LittleBigPlanet games. 5 Resistance games, 3 Infamous games and that's not to mention the series they continue on with from last gen like 3-4 *some spinoffs* Rachet & Clank games, 4 *One spinoff* Killzone games and 4 God of War games. Sony likes to make "more of the same" as much as anyone.

This guy has it bang on.

As he stated, a couple of those series ORIGINATED this gen, and yet we've already had like 4 games from them each.

More milk than a dairy farm.

As for Nintendo? Well sure they pump out their own stuff every gen, but can you blame them?

Their games are consistently good, and they always try to mix up things in game to make each new iteration feel like a new game.

As for Nintendo's own IP's?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo#First-party_studios

Look at the first and second party titles and revel.
#70BoomerTheGreatPosted 1/24/2013 9:22:45 AM
Well this is clearly a misguided soul (refering to TC). The WiiU just was released and last time I checked Bayonetta, MH, ZombiU, And the TONS of new games on the 3ds were largely popular. Im not sure what the TC is searching for. If this is a fanboy I would like to see examples of the "new IPs" other companies have.
---
Greatness comes from within