C'mon Nintendo where are the new IPs.

#71ExorianPosted 1/24/2013 8:24:16 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with the topic. It's been a long while since a Nintendo console left me thrilled with its games. And do notice, I am fairly Nintendo-sided with my platforms so far.

See, I'm a RPG player. And nowadays, that target-public is pretty much on Sony. I haven't had that feeling that Nintendo wouldn't leave me hanging on this market, which sadly hasn't happened since the SNES, GBA and DS era. Though I still foolishly believe that the 3DS, my only recent console, may =yet= leave me impressed, but nothing is pointing that way...

I know, you guys will mention Mario's Sticker Star, and Fire Emblem Awakening. The latter is more of a strategy game and less of a proper RPG, but still, I'm looking forward to it. But Mario? Really, ANOTHER Mario? Didn't we had enough? D: I couldn't see a good Mario rpg since Superstar Saga and its sequels, but that's about it!

TL;DR, what I want is THIRD party games! 'Cause I'm saturated with the home games!

Where's my traditional Final Fantasy, Squeenix? Not the Sony MMO 14, I want turn-based, steampunkish medieval settingswith a well-sewn storyline that will keep me hooked in the game for MONTHS, like the last FF I could enjoy, the SIXTH. And what about the Tactics franchise? Why not a port FF9 into the WiiU, which was a highly-acclaimed game from the fanbase viewpoint?

And you, Capcom, not gonna revive the Megaman franchise? Are you seriously gonna leave us hanging with the eternally-unfinished X saga? What about the ZX series, in yet another cliffhanger?

I swear, the only reason I might =borrow= an WiiU, 'cause I'm not even considering buying one so far... Because buying it to play a single game... Is Bayonetta 2. And that's about it, the only game that actually keeps my interest in here.

Nintendo. Seriously. Lay down the casual games for a while. Let your IPs rest for a couple of years, we're seriously not looking forward for more Mario and Zelda. Look back to your old consoles and try to do things like you used to, please. Because it's hard to stay a Nintendo player when everything, and everyone, is pointing at the fact that your obliviousness to technology (graphics notwithstanding, though that was always the Nintendo shtick) and your insistent bets on IPs... Will get you bankrupted till 2016.
---
"Know your own limits, and learn how to break them"
"Fight with your heart and soul"
#72SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/24/2013 8:33:07 AM
TJSpyke posted...
I am sick of trolls with this argument. First, you can do new ideas with existing IPs (see the Super Mario Galaxy games, 2 of the best games of all time). Some of the new IPs they have created in the last 10 years:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Freakyforms
Pushmo
Dillon's Rolling Western
Rhythm Hunter Harmot Knights
Fluidity
Sakura Samurai
Art Academy
Steel Diver
Nintendogs
Aura-Aura Climber
Rhythm Heaven
Fossil Fighters
Soma Bringer
ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
Hotel Dusk
Elite Beat Agents
Art Style
Mystery Case Files
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story
Endless Ocean
FlingSmash
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Geist
Captain Rainbow
Brain Age

Apparently those don't count as people don't acknowledge them. If Nintendo makes a sequel to them, then "they don't get it". Make a sequel to Mario then they are unoriginal and/or only care about money
#73doraemonllh1989Posted 1/24/2013 8:35:09 AM
People buy nintendo console just for mario zelda and some other same old ip,nintendo dont do new ip,if u want new ip go to Sony
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#74GloryChaosPosted 1/24/2013 8:38:09 AM
TJSpyke posted...
I am sick of trolls with this argument. First, you can do new ideas with existing IPs (see the Super Mario Galaxy games, 2 of the best games of all time). Some of the new IPs they have created in the last 10 years:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Freakyforms
Pushmo
Dillon's Rolling Western
Fluidity
Sakura Samurai
Art Academy
Steel Diver
Nintendogs
Aura-Aura Climber
Rhythm Heaven
Fossil Fighters
Soma Bringer
Hotel Dusk
Elite Beat Agents
Art Style
Mystery Case Files
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story
Endless Ocean
FlingSmash
Geist
Captain Rainbow
Brain Age

Mist walker belongs to Nintendo? They made The Last Story.

Hang on, who do we want to see new IPs from? Do we want Nintendo to make new IPs on their own? (Steel Diver, Pushmo, Sakura Samurai) Or do we want to see third party support make new IPs? In Sony's case, that's where most of their new IPs come. Sometimes SCEJ makes new IPs themselves in Gravity Rush and Ape Escape.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#75KeyBlade999Posted 1/24/2013 8:38:30 AM
I know, TC... I've been waiting for some innovation. I mean, games like NSMB2 and SM3DL Pokemon B2/W2 were good, but I've played similar games before. If I wanted to play them, I would and not spend $30+ on another.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#76GameKing59Posted 1/24/2013 8:41:07 AM
Perhaps if they released a new IP and it sold well, Nintendo would be more inclined to take creative risks. I myself would be interested in another Chibi-Robo game, or even in playing Captain Rainbow. Problem is, both Chibi-Robo and Captain Rainbow were financial flops. As a result, we never got to play the third Chibi-Robo game, and Captain Rainbow may never see another game. I mean, Captain Rainbow sold SIX THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY ONE COPIES during its first week, and only 22,682 copies in Japan in 2008. Sure, that's a lot of copies, but in this day and age of high development costs and audience disinterest in anything too "different", those sales figures just aren't enough to justify a franchise's right to exist.

But yes, Nintendo has been playing things too safe with Mario and The Legend of Zelda. Of course, at this point, I think it'd be weirder to some people if Nintendo DIDN'T release a Mario or Zelda game.
#77MasterLink2012Posted 1/24/2013 8:44:05 AM
GloryChaos posted...
MasterLink2012 posted...
Nintendo doesn't need new IP's. Because people WILL complain that they should stick to the older ones.
It's never good enough for some people. It's really stupid.

The people who complain about Nintendo needing to stick to their old ones shouldn't always be listened to. That's why we got multiple Mario games in a three month time span last year. And those are probably the same people who ignore quality third party titles because they're holding out for the next Mario or Zelda game.

Yeah.. I admit that three Mario games in a year is too much.
I would love to see a new DK game even though we did get one in 2010.. Don't know if I should complain now.
#78El_ZaggyPosted 1/24/2013 8:46:32 AM(edited)
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
TJSpyke posted...

Xenoblade Chronicles
Freakyforms
Pushmo
Dillon's Rolling Western
Fluidity
Sakura Samurai
Art Academy
Steel Diver
Nintendogs
Aura-Aura Climber
Rhythm Heaven
Fossil Fighters
Soma Bringer
Hotel Dusk
Elite Beat Agents
Art Style
Mystery Case Files
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story
Endless Ocean
FlingSmash
Geist
Captain Rainbow
Brain Age

Apparently those don't count as people don't acknowledge them. If Nintendo makes a sequel to them, then "they don't get it". Make a sequel to Mario then they are unoriginal and/or only care about money

I wonder what game in that list should require a sequel ? Does somebody really care abut nintendogs ? Those are just tech demos , half baked games or casual games except from 2 or 3 titles. rhe rest is just a bunch of ceap developped titles. Where are the AAA games ?
#79megax11Posted 1/24/2013 8:47:00 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Is anyone else sick of Nintendo making the same games over and over again. It's so predictable. It was obvious that Zelda, mario and mario kart would come to the WiiU. It's all mario this and mario that. What's worse is that they are prob ages away.

I want to be surprised like Nintendo did with pikmin on the GameCube. Nintendo seem to be living off the success they had before the Wii. Pikmin was prob Nintendo's last great new ip.

Nintendo I'm waiting for you to blow my mind. I know you can do it but so far you are failing.

Riiiiiiiight.

Because, in one year, PS3 released only two exclusives that year. They were not only from the same genre (crappy FPS), BUT they were also sequels (Resistance 3 and Killzone 3). Wanna know what's even sadder? PS3 gave us 4 whole exclusives in 2009. 3 of them were sequels (Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2), AND two of them were in the same genre (crappy FPS).

Now that's what you call lack of new IP's. What new IP has MS and Sony created by the way. I mean, like me, you supposedly own all 3 systems, so let's discuss this gamer to gamer. No blind fanboyism.

What has MS given us in the span of almost 8 years, that is a new IP, that wasn't 3rd party, or casual crap? I ask the same about Sony, too. What new IP's have we gotten from Sony, in the almost 7 years they've been on the market with PS3?
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#80SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/24/2013 8:58:12 AM
El_Zaggy posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
TJSpyke posted...

Xenoblade Chronicles
Freakyforms
Pushmo
Dillon's Rolling Western
Fluidity
Sakura Samurai
Art Academy
Steel Diver
Nintendogs
Aura-Aura Climber
Rhythm Heaven
Fossil Fighters
Soma Bringer
Hotel Dusk
Elite Beat Agents
Art Style
Mystery Case Files
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story
Endless Ocean
FlingSmash
Geist
Captain Rainbow
Brain Age

I wonder what game in that list should require a sequel ? Does somebody really care abut nintendogs ? Those are just tech demos , half baked games or casual games except from 2 or 3 titles. rhe rest is just a bunch of ceap developped titles. Where are the AAA games ?

Xenoblade
Last Story
Fluidity
Elite Beat Agents
Pandora's Tower
and I'll throw in Golden Sun

are sequel worthy