C'mon Nintendo where are the new IPs.

#81jacktripperPosted 1/24/2013 9:23:18 AM
Wonderful 101 and Zombi U...hey, it took me 2 seconds to think of 2 whole new IP's for Wii U. They are out there. Just pay attention. The biggest problem with Nintendo isn't new IPs. It's that they do not utilize ALL of the franchises that they have.
#82NytroxidePosted 1/24/2013 9:38:30 AM(edited)
If The Wonderful 101 isn't counted as a new IP from Nintendo because the game was developed by a third-party company, then Gears of War shouldn't be considered as a Microsoft franchise because it was developed by Epic Games, a THIRD-PARTY COMPANY.

I swear, it's always the same: someone complains about Nintendo's lack of new IPs, someone brings a recent one, and the person brings up one of the following excuses:

-It's a "casual" game.
-It's a downloadable game.
-It was a bad game.
-It had low sales.
-It wasn't developed by Nintendo themselves.
-It wasn't released in the country they live in.

What's funny though is that to these people, Nintendo has to go through many stipulations for their new IP to be considered a new IP, while any other video game company can just say that it's a new IP to be considered a new IP. Why does Nintendo have to suffer through this double standard?
#83kdognumba1Posted 1/24/2013 9:44:49 AM
Nytroxide posted...
If The Wonderful 101 isn't counted as a new IP from Nintendo because the game was developed by a third-party company, then Gears of War shouldn't be considered as a Microsoft franchise because it was developed by Epic Games, a THIRD-PARTY COMPANY.

I swear, it's always the same: someone complains about Nintendo's lack of new IPs, someone brings a recent one, and the person brings up one of the following excuses:

-It's a "casual" game.
-It was a bad game.
-It had low sales.

What's funny though is that to these people, Nintendo has to go through many stipulations for their new IP to be considered a new IP, while any other video game company can just say that it's a new IP to be considered a new IP. Why does Nintendo have to suffer through this double standard?

I 100% agree with this. I made a topic about stuff like this here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65267145 and was quickly shot down, which seems to be normal for anything Nintendo related.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#84atopp399Posted 1/24/2013 10:55:40 AM(edited)
I buy Nintendo systems for the 1st party games like Mario, Zelda and Pikmin since 3rd party support has been pretty bad since SNES days so I don't really care if new IPs come. It is a nice bonus when something new is announced but I would never expect it.
#85squatch22Posted 1/24/2013 10:56:03 AM
Nytroxide posted...

-It's a "casual" game.
-It was a bad game.
-It had low sales.

Exactly!
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#86StopTheTediousPosted 1/24/2013 11:05:03 AM
C'mon Sony where are the any IPs.
#87freutty2Posted 1/24/2013 11:05:19 AM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
TC get real ok...no one buys Nintendo consoles for new IP's. It's Mario, Link, Samus and characters from those games. That is it. LOL at thinking Nintendo can do anything but recycle the same old games!

Lol! Recycle? Do you play CoD? Because is the same thing everytime, and you think Metroid, Zelda, and other character's games are the same thing every time? I detect fanboyism.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#88SagadegoPosted 1/24/2013 11:14:17 AM
squatch22 posted...
Nytroxide posted...

-It's a "casual" game.
-It was a bad game.
-It had low sales.

Exactly!

this, my god monkey and his troll group on roll of fail,
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#89sentoworfPosted 1/24/2013 11:17:04 AM
freutty2 posted...
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
TC get real ok...no one buys Nintendo consoles for new IP's. It's Mario, Link, Samus and characters from those games. That is it. LOL at thinking Nintendo can do anything but recycle the same old games!

Lol! Recycle? Do you play CoD? Because is the same thing everytime, and you think Metroid, Zelda, and other character's games are the same thing every time? I detect fanboyism.

Nope. He's right. Super Metroid is the same as Metroid Prime. Mario Galaxy is the same as Paper Mario. :P
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#90SagadegoPosted 1/24/2013 11:21:14 AM
is any getting sick garbage topics from monkeyspoon and demondog 666?
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666