Wii U newbie here, want to ask some questions

#1ChimpawnZeePosted 1/24/2013 5:40:29 AM
I used to play a lot of nintendo games but veered off to the xbox after I wanted to play something more mature like Fallout and gears of war. But I'm now finding myself wanting to come back, I miss playing mario (paper mario in particular, TTYD is one of the best games ever), zelda, pikmin and many more nintendo franchises. So I'm thinking of getting a Wii U

Is it possible to play my old gamecube games on the wii U, like I could on the Wii. (obviously without using the gamepad, but a controller)

Are there any games out now that are worth buying a wii U to play that hasn't already been released on the xbox/ps3. (And if so, what are they?) My interest really peaked when I heard the recent news about the new mario and zelda games (of course)

And anything else you might want to add you think I would need to know
---
Living life in HD
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 1/24/2013 5:42:21 AM
ChimpawnZee posted...
I used to play a lot of nintendo games but veered off to the xbox after I wanted to play something more mature like Fallout and gears of war. But I'm now finding myself wanting to come back, I miss playing mario (paper mario in particular, TTYD is one of the best games ever), zelda, pikmin and many more nintendo franchises. So I'm thinking of getting a Wii U

Is it possible to play my old gamecube games on the wii U, like I could on the Wii. (obviously without using the gamepad, but a controller)

Are there any games out now that are worth buying a wii U to play that hasn't already been released on the xbox/ps3. (And if so, what are they?) My interest really peaked when I heard the recent news about the new mario and zelda games (of course)

And anything else you might want to add you think I would need to know

You cannot play gamecubes games on it but you can play 2ii games on it. and there losts of games like New Super Mario bros u,Zombie U,Nintendo land just to name a few
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#3-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/24/2013 5:51:58 AM
You can't play Gamecube games on the Wii U. They will likely release them on the Virtual Console later on in the Wii U's life. The Gamecube controller also does not connect to the Wii U.

Nintendo Land -- Amazing for parties. I personally am in love with the Animal Crossing minigame of all things. The Zelda minigame is great for single player. Honestly, I really do think that is the only game worth getting currently.

Rayman Legends comes out soon and I really want to get that. If you really like the 2D Mario games (personally, I can't stand them), then get the New SMBU. ZombiU is a bad game, don't waste your money on it.

I think the non-game features are currently the most enjoyable parts of the Wii U -- Miiverse (kinda like GameFAQs meets Twitter), TVii, Video Chat, and probably some I'm forgetting.