New Sonic game?

#81SpikayaPosted 1/24/2013 4:15:57 PM
mjc0961 posted...
That article is quite confusing. "The game will be sticking with the recent formula seen in Sonic Unleashed (Daytime), Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations."

Do they not realize that Unleashed and Colors had a different formula than Generations? Unleashed and Colors' formula was to continue to be s***, and Generations' formula was to actually not suck for the first time in ages.

I think they mean the Unleashed Day/everything in Colors/Modern Sonic in Gens gameplay style.

Also Colors was awesome.
#82leopoldsharkPosted 1/24/2013 4:21:59 PM
If they are going to continue from Generations, they sort of screwed themselves by trapping past and present Eggman in a timeless void. How are they going to explain how Eggman is the nemesis again? "He trapped me in a timeless void. I got better." Eggman is also going back to teaching so he can't be a villain again. :)
#83KAMMYqueen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:40:05 AM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
Ghetsis posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...
Ghetsis posted...
If it's a 3D game, I hope it's like Sonic 06 and not like the Adventure games with those horrid treasure hunting, fishing, and stompnshoot mech stages...

Pure hedgehog action, please.

get the hell out

no u

Sorry if I like platforming in my Sonic platformers, instead of digging for emerald shards with a broken radar, or blowing up everything in sight while riding a mech.

What platforming? You know sometimes, you don't even have to push a button at some parts? The game just plays itself for about 15 seconds? The homing attack is extremely buggy and the spindash is completely useless (probably why they got rid of it). The level design is full of dash pads so you're also just watching yourself run, with a jump here, and a turn there. No, I'll take my alternate plastyles where I actually play over watching a game play itself basically.

this
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#84DTY3Posted 1/25/2013 7:52:16 AM
not to mention Sonic 06 has the largest amount of alternate playstyles, so his argument is terrible.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#85xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/25/2013 8:01:01 AM
I'm keeping my eye out on this. The last Sonic game I've played was Colors(which was awesome) missed out on Generations because I didn't have a PS3 or 360.

If this game allows me to play as Tails like the classic games I'm sold even more than I am now. But please SEGA no stupid gimmicks or gameplay mechanics please, you've been on a roll!
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx (The Wonderful 101 Board needs more people)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#86Just-SaiyanPosted 1/25/2013 8:09:00 AM
On the final boss its rockets tend to be entirely luck-based if they hit or not, even if you dodge them I've had them turn around and hit me from behind. Trying to get the no-hit achievement was a real pain. I don't even know what they were going with these.

Final boss sucked hard, but winning with no hits took me like...two tries.

You know you're supposed to use Classic Sonic to break debris and not to hit the boss, right?

. Spent a while dodging rocks/cars and boosting to try to catch up to him until realizing I had to homing attack the rocks to bounce my way to him..

how do i snoic

And doesn't the game tell you that you can spindash while using the pink wisp? >_>
Hell, the game even tells you what to do when Silver is holding his boulders.
#87Rasputin77Posted 1/25/2013 8:17:28 AM
Nerdstick posted...
You're saying that my complaints are unjustified because I'm bad at it and that I'm -lying- about glitches. Hilarious.

He's one of the worst posters on this board. Avoid, or poke fun of relentlessly. Do not dabble in-between. ;)
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.