MLB game for Wii U

#1coreyerbPosted 1/24/2013 6:11:46 AM
Any interest? Or am I the only one who secretly hoped they'd announce a baseball game yesterday. Of course, I'm happy with all the other stuff they listed.

But I hoped sports fans would at least be thrown a bone on Wii U. I'd rather not have to buy another console just to feed my MLB addiction.

Thoughts?
---
NNID: LoeliaPonsonby / [56] iS*LoPo - http://ironsightge.webs.com
#2DifferentialEquationPosted 1/24/2013 6:54:49 AM
coreyerb posted...

But I hoped sports fans would at least be thrown a bone on Wii U.

Baseball isn't a sport, it's a game. And a boring as hell one at that.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#3Ultima_MagikarpPosted 1/24/2013 7:24:11 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
coreyerb posted...

Now now, baseball is every bit a sport as golf is.
#4Jonnyd108Posted 1/24/2013 7:27:32 AM
I'm sure you'll see the MLB 2K series eventually but your better off getting a PS3 for MLB At Bat.
---
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust...
PSN: ButtersThaatsMe WiiU: JonnyD Xbox: JonnyD1080
#5Fierce_Deity777Posted 1/24/2013 7:32:47 AM
coreyerb posted...

Well Home Run Derby is always fun..
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#6Based_God1Posted 1/24/2013 7:35:37 AM
Come on you don't have a PS3 yet to play one of the best Baseball game series ever made? (AKA MLB: The Show)
---
Not changing sig til the Atlanta Falcons win the Superbowl!
#7coreyerb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:48:43 AM
Jonnyd108 posted...
I'm sure you'll see the MLB 2K series eventually but your better off getting a PS3 for MLB At Bat.

Based_God1 posted...
Come on you don't have a PS3 yet to play one of the best Baseball game series ever made? (AKA MLB: The Show)

To be honest, I never really considered getting a PS3. But it would make sense given how much I enjoy baseball games - to the point that last year I dusted off a Gamecube version of All-Star Baseball and made rosters just so I could play on Wii without having to pay $50 for 2K12 Wii, which just looked horrendous and had basically similar graphics to ASB'04 and inferior batting controls.

I just hesitate since I'm unfamiliar with other PS3 games I might want to try, unlike 360 which I have a long list of games to try once it hits a reasonable price since I missed out on many titles since I only had Wii. $300 right now for a PS3/The Show '13 (I don't have any controllers/PS peripherals either) is a lot to me. Though I admit I'm sure if I looked I could find many PS titles that would better justify that, the fact is Wii U has plenty of titles to keep me busy, just not baseball.

Anyway just curious to gauge other Wii U-only folks to see if we really are an anti-sports crowd like the publishers seem to think.
---
#8coreyerb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:57:44 AM(edited)
Ultima_Magikarp posted...
coreyerb posted...

Sure, it's boring, just as to many people soccer (sorry, football if you're not American) is boring, yet it isn't to me. I'm gladly about to watch the Ghana-Mali Africa Cup of Nations match because it's a beautiful game, despite the 88 minutes no one is scoring.

Similarly, baseball has a lot of non-action, but those peaks in between - diving catches, bunt singles - make the three-hour experience worth it to me. (Also baseball video games allow you to condense that three hours into one hour of only the action parts, none of the ball-scratching between innings.)
---
#9trenkenPosted 1/24/2013 7:59:36 AM
Ultima_Magikarp posted...
coreyerb posted...

If fat, 70 year old smokers can play it against young healthy people and still be competitive, it's not really a sport, its just a game which is what golf is. No different than playing checkers. That isnt happening in baseball. Baseball very much is a sport.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10coreyerb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:17:48 AM
trenken posted...
If fat, 70 year old smokers can play it against young healthy people and still be competitive, it's not really a sport, its just a game which is what golf is. No different than playing checkers. That isnt happening in baseball. Baseball very much is a sport.

Fair point, though devil's advocate would say any sport David Wells can succeed at can't be a sport.

I guess that's true - baseball doesn't require the level of physical perfection of something like swimming or sprinting (no beer guts in the pool pushing Phelps for gold) but I don't hold that as the defining factor for "is a sport" and baseball has some fabulous athletes as well as the fatties.
---