What's the hold up for a Mario/Sonic platformer?

#1HungoverHero777Posted 1/24/2013 8:31:04 AM
Seriously, that's a mountain of money waiting to happen, for both Nintendo and Sega.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#2PedroMontanaPosted 1/24/2013 8:36:59 AM
I don't want the next Mario platformer to be ruined with Sonic gameplay elements.

For Sonic fans it might be nice to get to play platformer that is partially good, but we only get one to three Mario platformers per generation and i don't want to see that ruined.

It was bad enough there was no good Mario platformer on the Gamecube.
---
No More Heroes
#3Virus66Posted 1/24/2013 8:39:59 AM
They could go with the Sonic Generations approach and have Mario do Sonic levels with his own gameplay and have Sonic speed through Mushroom Kingdom in his own gameplay.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#4NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 8:41:33 AM
It'd be nice if Nintendo got rid of their joke of a rehashed 'story' (Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser) and made Peach a playable character ala Mario 2. Not sure who would take the fourth slot but there was no excuse for two toads in NSMB Wii, and there definitely wasn't in NSMB:U.
#5HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:44:53 AM
Nerdstick posted...
It'd be nice if Nintendo got rid of their joke of a rehashed 'story' (Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser) and made Peach a playable character ala Mario 2. Not sure who would take the fourth slot but there was no excuse for two toads in NSMB Wii, and there definitely wasn't in NSMB:U.

K, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this topic.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
#6NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 8:45:44 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

I'll gladly accept Mario, Luigi, Sonic and Tails as the playable characters.
#7Hawke0Posted 1/24/2013 8:45:56 AM
PedroMontana posted...
I don't want the next Mario platformer to be ruined with Sonic gameplay elements.

For Sonic fans it might be nice to get to play platformer that is partially good, but we only get one to three Mario platformers per generation and i don't want to see that ruined.

It was bad enough there was no good Mario platformer on the Gamecube.

SLANDER!
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#8HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:50:01 AM
Nerdstick posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

I'll gladly accept Mario, Luigi, Sonic and Tails as the playable characters.

As would I.
---