Why remake Wind Waker instead of Majora's Mask?

#11mostcorruptPosted 1/24/2013 10:46:41 AM
I'm guessing because they would have to rebuild MM from scratch for it to not look horrible on an HD TV. With WW most of the work is already done they just need to work on the lighting.
#12jmichaelbpPosted 1/24/2013 10:50:27 AM
40Dribylf posted...
HerPanda posted...
Why not give Majora's Mask a makeover instead? The graphics are more aged than the original Wind Waker's, and it could even lead to a 3rd entry in the Hero of Time "series" (where Link can finish his quest to find Navi)..

If you played Twilight Princess, it's implied Link's quest for Navi ended on a bad note.

Yeah, poor Link.
Also since Link is a farmer in TP, and has Epona from the start, wouldn't that mean Link (MM/OOT) did the deed with Malon?
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#13HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:51:56 AM
40Dribylf posted...
If you played Twilight Princess, it's implied Link's quest for Navi ended on a bad note.

Only at the water temple currently...but...I still want to experience how it ends! Bad note or not, I want to play it and experience it :D. A third installment for the Hero of Time would make it "complete," in a way (trilogy, triforce and all, and arguably the most popular and loved Link), so I hope anything that would help that come true would come to fruition.

And yeah, from a business perspective WW is probably the easiest and best choice to do, but it hardly needed an HD Remake compared to the others (not that I think any of them NEED one, but WW is the one that needs one the least sans SS).
#14PhaseSlaethePosted 1/24/2013 10:52:37 AM
Honestly I'm stumped too.

Wind Waker's artstyle can upscale without a hitch. Majora's Mask is the one that needs the HD remaster.
#15knightimexPosted 1/24/2013 10:58:34 AM
I didn't care for MM so I'm glad they remade wind waker and not majora's mask
---
Old School Games FTW!
#16pokemega32Posted 1/24/2013 11:01:39 AM
40Dribylf posted...

You mean, he doesn't find her? That's about as bad as it gets.

Link goes back to Hyrule, starts a family, and dies without passing down his fighting techniques.

jmichaelbp posted...
Also since Link is a farmer in TP, and has Epona from the start, wouldn't that mean Link (MM/OOT) did the deed with Malon?

Yes, literally the only way you can possibly be a farmer is if your ancestor hundreds of years ago was a farmer.

Also, it has to be this one specific farmer that your other ancestor met when he was nine.

Also, you're only allowed to name your horse the same thing as another horse if your ancestors owned that horse.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#1740DribylfPosted 1/24/2013 11:27:29 AM
pokemega32 posted...
40Dribylf posted...

You mean, he doesn't find her? That's about as bad as it gets.

Link goes back to Hyrule, starts a family, and dies without passing down his fighting techniques.

Well

Link dies in the Lost Woods looking for Navi and his spirit turns into a Stalfos - Hero's Shade. He's the Stalfos that teaches Link techniques in Twilight Princess
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#18KahrainPosted 1/24/2013 11:32:26 AM
If i were to guess, it would be because porting the source code from the GameCube is easier then porting the source code from the N64.
---
=^.^= Mew.... CATS RULE!!!!
Armored Core V team: Nomadic Ravens
#19MDS2005Posted 1/24/2013 11:33:20 AM
jacktripper posted...
Wind Waker is better.

This.

40Dribylf posted...
Link dies in the Lost Woods looking for Navi and his spirit turns into a Stalfos - Hero's Shade. He's the Stalfos that teaches Link techniques in Twilight Princess

I still don't see this as anything more than just a fan theory.

The skeleton that teaches Link techniques, you know, talks. <.<
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#2040DribylfPosted 1/24/2013 11:35:06 AM
MDS2005 posted...
I still don't see this as anything more than just a fan theory.

The skeleton that teaches Link techniques, you know, talks. <.<

It's in Hyrule Historia.

Take it up with Nintendo, man.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990