GameFAQs poll says people are done with Nintendo cuz they are stale.

#61darkjedilinkPosted 1/24/2013 3:41:37 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
if we combine the 2 no options, its like 51% that dont care about nintendo lol

Re-read that poll. There aren't 2 "no" options. There's only one.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#62PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/24/2013 3:59:33 PM
I just don't understand Nintendo anymore.

They used to be the leader in latest and greatest tech. I f***in LOVED my 64 and my Gamecube. I still think the Gamecube is one of the best home consoles ever made.

Then they made the Wii as a last ditch effort to make a cheap cashgrab and help their wilting company gain back it's former glory.

It worked.

So what do they do? They make a *new* console that is exactly on par with consoles that were created over 5 years ago.

It's just like........*EPIC FACEPALM* WTF ARE YOU DOING NINTENDO!?!?!?!

And the more I learn, the more I realize the Wii U is just a pile of last gen, very old tech. It's not going to last the test of time, it's already behind before it was even made!

I just do not understand whatsoever, and Nintendo may go the way of Sega very very soon.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#63BrokenBandit84Posted 1/24/2013 4:07:55 PM
The people who checked that option are probably XBOX 360 fans...
#64GooBacksBack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 4:09:13 PM
BrokenBandit84 posted...
The people who checked that option are probably XBOX 360 fans...

Couldn't be Nintendo constantly letting fans down since 2001?
#65kuwab0Posted 1/24/2013 4:27:29 PM
knightimex posted...
Complains that nintendo franchises are stale

plays call of duty, Assassins creed, madden, halo etc.

Complains that Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Madden and Halo are stale

plays Mario and Zelda.
#66Ampharos64Posted 1/24/2013 4:57:53 PM
mashu posted...
Then there are people like me who pretty much are done with most Nintendo IPs

Yeah, me too. It's not just that I'm less interested, but I feel the quality of some of Nintendo's franchises has really declined, so I can't pick up one of their games confident it'll be good anymore, let alone that it will wow me like their older titles. I agree though with those saying that the poll isn't that negative, one you've taken the ratio of positive, negative and more neutral answers into account. It just suggests maybe Nintendo would do even better if they also take into account those who aren't interested in franchises like Mario and Zelda, and that even fans who currently are could potentially lose interest, so it needs either new players to replace them, or something to continue to hold their interest.
#67Dragon NexusPosted 1/24/2013 6:59:40 PM
Nintendo's games were borderline stale at the end of the SNES era. Then 3D came along and gave Nintendo new ways to revitalise and refresh them all!

So erm...now they're starting to feel stale again I guess we gotta hope 4D gaming is around the corner to refresh them all again.
This to me is why Nintendo go for so many gadgets and such with their consoles, because they can't make games play differently so they have to make you playing them differently...if you get me.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#68knightimexPosted 1/24/2013 10:25:31 PM(edited)
kuwab0 posted...
knightimex posted...
Complains that nintendo franchises are stale

plays call of duty, Assassins creed, madden, halo etc.

Complains that Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Madden and Halo are stale

plays Mario and Zelda.

At least zelda, mario etc doesn't reuse the same stuff 5+ years in a row.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#69Dragon NexusPosted 1/25/2013 8:13:52 AM
mario etc doesn't reuse the same stuff 5+ years in a row.

Ahem...paper mario? New Super Mario Bros?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#70squatch22Posted 1/25/2013 8:15:17 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
mario etc doesn't reuse the same stuff 5+ years in a row.

Ahem...paper mario? New Super Mario Bros?

Knights point stands.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg