Hypothetical: What if Nintendo games stopped being Nintendo exclusive?

#31BrokenBandit84Posted 1/24/2013 3:06:55 PM
This would HAVE to be a Hypothetical question! Cause it aint going to ever happen here in the real world!
#32StriderVMPosted 1/24/2013 4:20:04 PM
Nintendo would lose a lot more money by doing that.

Remember those people that don't like Nintendo because they're not too "casual" or "kiddy" ? They will not change their minds at all.
---
If you still can't emulate MVC2 perfectly on your PC, it means it's at least 5 years old.
#33scoobydoobydontPosted 1/24/2013 4:37:28 PM
StriderVM posted...
Nintendo would lose a lot more money by doing that.

Remember those people that don't like Nintendo because they're not too "casual" or "kiddy" ? They will not change their minds at all.

Money Nintendo gets from me now: $0

Money 3rd party Nintendo would get from me: >$0

Oh, but I'm sure the pittance they make from hardware (minus all the costly R&D) is well worth it, since they are raking in the dough off of online... wait, I mean a service that... no, okay, there's nothing. 99% of Nintendo profits are from their own software. They could save the money wasted on garbage proprietary consoles that deter casual fans like me and just increase their potential sales by a minimum of 200%.

But I guess Nintendo fans like you are just as stubborn as Nintendo themselves. Because lawdy, we needs a third plastic box under our tv... competition, and so forth. It wouldn't remove the pressure to blue ocean every gen either. Plus, I'm sure MS and Sony would totally turn down official Nintendo add ons, so these super unique Nintendo experiences they need special hardware to bring just wouldn't work. Not at all...
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#34mjc0961Posted 1/24/2013 4:39:27 PM
Jaime_Benn posted...
I'll wait to see if the games are worth purchasing or not. Look what happened to Rare after Microsoft bought them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#35EazyERockPosted 1/24/2013 4:55:38 PM
AdamLazaruso posted...
What if Nintendo announced that Microsoft had paid them a BUNDLE of money and now all of their games like Mario and Zelda and whatnot would be appearing on the Xbox 3 as well as the Wii U, and with better graphics?

Would you be struck with severe buyer's remorse on your Wii U?

1st, saying "hypothetical" doesnt give you a free pass to say dumb and moronic things and get away with it..

2nd, i dont think you understand just how big of a BUNDLE of money it would be.. Sony couldnt afford it, and Microsoft wouldnt want to

3rd, if your asinine theory really did happen (it never will, but for arguments sake) the Nintendo made games would be the highest selling on the platform, outselling such mainstays that people on internet boards touch themselves to, that Nintendo would still be making fat cash

4th, buyers remorse for the Wii U? well if this stupid theory really did come to light, it wouldnt be in this generation, it would be many years down the line.. by then the Wii U would have served its purpose..
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year