If we don't see a new Metroid title, this console is fail

#11NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 11:29:25 AM
trenken posted...
Nerdstick posted...
trenken posted...
Metroid is not a big seller for them. MP3 sold 1.5 million copies worldwide. Wii Play sold 30 mil.

I think now you understand why they are working on a new Wii Play, and not a new Metroid.

Wii Play isn't a fair comparison, it was $10 and bundled with Wiimotes.

That doesnt matter. It's still a videogame that sold significantly more than Metroid. 1.5 mil is pretty pathetic. Halo triples that in preorders alone.

Metroid is not a big franchise anymore. It just isnt, and the success of a console really doesnt hinge on any Metroid games that most people dont seem to care about buying anyway.

Yes it matters, it's far cheaper and easier to sell in a bundle. By that logic Wii Play isn't a big seller for Nintendo, Wii Sports sold 80 million.

Angry Birds downloaded over 200 million times..!!
#12StarmanJuniorPosted 1/24/2013 11:37:39 AM
megax11 posted...
If I were Nintendo, I would keep Metroid from the fans, because all the fans did, was whine about the changes of Other M (I liked the game). Spoiled brats - in my opinion - don't deserve their toys. They deserve to have them taken away, until they can learn to appreciate what they were given, despite not being owed anything.

The Metroid fandom gets what it deserves, in my opinion.

It had so many things wrong with it.

Did not appreciate.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#13trenkenPosted 1/24/2013 11:41:30 AM
Nerdstick posted...
trenken posted...
Nerdstick posted...
trenken posted...
Metroid is not a big seller for them. MP3 sold 1.5 million copies worldwide. Wii Play sold 30 mil.

I think now you understand why they are working on a new Wii Play, and not a new Metroid.

Wii Play isn't a fair comparison, it was $10 and bundled with Wiimotes.

That doesnt matter. It's still a videogame that sold significantly more than Metroid. 1.5 mil is pretty pathetic. Halo triples that in preorders alone.

Metroid is not a big franchise anymore. It just isnt, and the success of a console really doesnt hinge on any Metroid games that most people dont seem to care about buying anyway.

Yes it matters, it's far cheaper and easier to sell in a bundle. By that logic Wii Play isn't a big seller for Nintendo, Wii Sports sold 80 million.

Angry Birds downloaded over 200 million times..!!

You're missing the point. If MP3 never came out, it really wouldnt have made much a difference to Nintendo or the Wii U. It had lame sales. They sure as heck would feel that dent left by taking 30 million Wii Play sales away.

The bottom line is, lack of a Metroid game never made any difference to any console theyve released. It sure didnt effect the N64 much. They only released 1 on the SNES. Its really not a huge franchise for them, so if one never comes out for the U, which is possible, it wont make a difference.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#14sonic777Posted 1/24/2013 11:42:16 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
So I guess the N64 was fail.

Um. It KINDA was...
#15HejiruPosted 1/24/2013 11:42:24 AM
Metroid isn't popular in Japan. Hence why they got the Texas-based studio to make the Prime series.

trenken posted...

Not to split hairs, but it's a new Wii Party, not Wii Play.
---
Hidden details about the Wii U Yoshi game I noticed: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65259642
#16Petey_MeanisPosted 1/24/2013 11:48:19 AM
Metroid isn't popular in Japan.

it's not super popular anywhere.. it has a fan base but a not very large one.

The Metroid series has fans but it's never been a big system seller. Since Metroid debuted in 1986, the series has only sold 14 million games worldwide compared to Mario's 446.53 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Lack of a Metroid game won't kill Wii U.

---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#17megax11Posted 1/24/2013 11:56:50 AM
StarmanJunior posted...
megax11 posted...
If I were Nintendo, I would keep Metroid from the fans, because all the fans did, was whine about the changes of Other M (I liked the game). Spoiled brats - in my opinion - don't deserve their toys. They deserve to have them taken away, until they can learn to appreciate what they were given, despite not being owed anything.

Did not appreciate.

That's because humans these days - especially gamers - whine too much and expect too much. If a formula is messed with in the slightest, the nostalgia hounds and those who want something to play it safe, in order not to mess with said formula will whine like no other.

People today are always acting self-entitled. So, they need their ba-ba's taken away, so they can learn to chill out a bit and appreciate the things they have and get.

This is all my opinion, of course.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#18trenkenPosted 1/24/2013 12:00:36 PM
megax11 posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
megax11 posted...

Did not appreciate.

That's because humans these days - especially gamers - whine too much and expect too much. If a formula is messed with in the slightest, the nostalgia hounds and those who want something to play it safe, in order not to mess with said formula will whine like no other.

People today are always acting self-entitled. So, they need their ba-ba's taken away, so they can learn to chill out a bit and appreciate the things they have and get.

This is all my opinion, of course.

Um, Im pretty sure gamers want good games. If a game sucks, they kinda have the right to complain about it. It's Nintendo's JOB to deliver good games to us. If a game is not as good as people expected, they're going to say something about it, which is the very thing that will help motivate Nintendo to try harder next time.

If everyone were like you, staying quiet all the time, companies would think we like everything and quality would drop across the board. So you are the problem, not us.

Other M was ripped to pieces for a damn good reason. Did anyone say anything bad about Prime? Nope, because it was awesome and everyone knew it. People are realistic, and dont have to like average games, which is exactly what MoM was, which is NOT good enough for the Metroid franchise.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#19Elem187Posted 1/24/2013 1:20:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20Virus66Posted 1/24/2013 1:21:33 PM
I think Metroid needs a little R&R after Other M. People are still spazzing out about that
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit