Donkey Kong Country U

#11Newbie00Posted 1/24/2013 1:47:27 PM
Hejiru posted...
Newbie00 posted...
we need the kremlins to return.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd rather they not. I'm hoping DK Country Returns will be sort of a reboot without K. Rool and a dozen different Kongs. Tiki Tong is a more interesting villain.

Hmm. My preference lies with the kremlins. What's any more badass than malicious crocodiles? Plus, the allure of Nintendo games (to me and I imagine many others) is deeply rooted in their nostalgic value.

Either way, I wouldn't mind a new DKC game - with or without the kremlins. DKC on the Wii was actually a great game.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#12Elem187Posted 1/24/2013 2:23:16 PM
Anything with the name Donkey Kong in it is just brutally difficult to beat. Including this worthless thread.
#13wiiking96Posted 1/24/2013 2:26:15 PM
I want Donkey Kong Country Returns 2, also made by Retro. Things like more Kongs, animal buddies, and Kremlings, and perhaps water levels should return.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#14XD375Posted 1/24/2013 2:29:27 PM
Water levels shouldn't return. Ever.
#15KoffSyrupPosted 1/24/2013 2:30:23 PM
Please no. Retro really bungled Returns imo.
---
Too crazy for Boys town.Too much of a boy for crazy town.
#16wiiking96Posted 1/24/2013 2:35:03 PM
KoffSyrup posted...
Please no. Retro really bungled Returns imo.

Miyamoto can be blamed for it partially. He was the one to prevent the Kremlings from appearing and he also forced them to use motion controls. If he keeps his greasy hands off of it next time, it should be a lot better.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#17TheGreatEggmanPosted 1/24/2013 4:05:20 PM
Newbie00 posted...
Hejiru posted...
Newbie00 posted...

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd rather they not. I'm hoping DK Country Returns will be sort of a reboot without K. Rool and a dozen different Kongs. Tiki Tong is a more interesting villain.

Hmm. My preference lies with the kremlins. What's any more badass than malicious crocodiles? Plus, the allure of Nintendo games (to me and I imagine many others) is deeply rooted in their nostalgic value.

Either way, I wouldn't mind a new DKC game - with or without the kremlins. DKC on the Wii was actually a great game.

Agreed.

Also, as a minor nitpick:
Kremling: Crocodlie Villains
Kremlin: Russian Fortress

Try not to get the two confused.
---
TheGreatEggman: Trying to conquer the world and being foiled by a blue hedgehog since 1991. Also known as The Almighty King Dedede!
#18DeathSnipe777Posted 1/24/2013 4:06:47 PM
I dunno why, but I'd like a different kind of Donkey Kong game on the WiiU. I don't really feel like having DK in another 2D platformer, even though I know that's what he's best at.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#19DrumguyPosted 1/24/2013 4:09:45 PM
TheGreatEggman posted...
Newbie00 posted...
Hejiru posted...
Newbie00 posted...

Agreed.

Also, as a minor nitpick:
Kremling: Crocodlie Villains
Kremlin: Russian Fortress

Try not to get the two confused.

Yes. I was going to say this.
#20DTY3Posted 1/24/2013 4:10:22 PM
Retro did a fantastic job (barring overuse of motion control) on DKCR. They nailed it.
And I'm glad they replaced the Kremlings. If they hadnt, DKCR would have ended up as a virtual DKC1 remake. And that would be stupid.

Also I like the Tikis' gimmick. Music. And brainwashing bigger monsters.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.