Anyone else not bowled over by the Wind Waker remake?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else not bowled over by the Wind Waker remake?

User Info: demonsouls4life

demonsouls4life
3 years ago#11
although i am excited to get it i am a little disappointed that so many nintendo fans claim they could care less about graphics and then this and X comes out and they act like its the second coming. i dont mind if people care about graphics, although they arent the most important aspect of a game they still matter. but im bugged that people act like they dont care then freak out when presented with it.

But with the new Monolith game i do understand that the scale and draw distance are impressive and that is different from pure graphics if you will.

but ya just my opinion im sorry if i offend anyone

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
3 years ago#12
The game looks like a coloring book on gamecube. How much more HD can it get? Its already bright. I owned a gamecube for a year and sold it. not enough time for me to play all the last gen systems.

User Info: trenken

trenken
3 years ago#13
DeathSoul2000 posted...
MerisYaki posted...
Too much bloom. Original > this mess.

they got rid of the cel shading. thats a good thing.

bad cel shading -
http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/windwaker1280x9608xqcsawx8.jpg

good cel shading -
http://nekoload.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/darkcloud2.jpg

remake it like this and be all over it.

Gotta be honest here, the top one looks better to me.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero

User Info: Mystic_Shado

Mystic_Shado
3 years ago#14
DeathSoul2000 posted...
MerisYaki posted...
Too much bloom. Original > this mess.

they got rid of the cel shading. thats a good thing.

bad cel shading -
http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/windwaker1280x9608xqcsawx8.jpg

good cel shading -
http://nekoload.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/darkcloud2.jpg

remake it like this and be all over it.

I think you need to switch the images around, because that second one looks like ass.

Also TC, I think it looks "cold" because it's only scenery right now. The lack of NPCs or environment objects make it look more like a UE3 testing map than an actual game (especially with the ridiculous bloom).

User Info: Arbogast

Arbogast
3 years ago#15
I would have preferred a HD remake of Majora's Mask. Just sayin'.

User Info: Elem187

Elem187
3 years ago#16
I never owned a Gamecube, so I never played Wind Waker.... I would never purchase a system for 1 game.... 2 nope. 3 nope. 4 nope. 5 nope. 6, ok maybe.

User Info: diggyfresh

diggyfresh
3 years ago#17
I just see it as a nice bonus game. The fact they are going through the trouble of updating it is just icing IMO.
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
3 years ago#18
Never really played Wind Waker, except for a little bit of running around, and stuff at a friends house years ago. So I'll definitely pick this up. But yeah I original looks great and this one seems to have lost its charm, but it shows somewhat of what the Wii U can do. Cant wait to see what Smash Bros looks like.
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement

User Info: Bigmac909

Bigmac909
3 years ago#19
PatrilotIV posted...
It looks pretty good to me, though I'm not entirely thrilled because I didn't like WW.

Same here. So damn overrated.
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun

User Info: Madness2012

Madness2012
3 years ago#20
I think it looks pretty good....
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else not bowled over by the Wind Waker remake?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived