Anyone else not bowled over by the Wind Waker remake?

#31DrumguyPosted 1/24/2013 4:16:57 PM
I'm not. But that's because I'm happy with my original GCN copy of WW.
#32SpikayaPosted 1/24/2013 4:20:20 PM
I would've preferred Majora getting the HD treatment first, but eh. I'm probably gonna pick up this for the sake of being able to play WW without having to plug the ol' Wii back in.
#33strongo9Posted 1/24/2013 4:21:31 PM
I couldn't care less. WW is my least favorite 3D Zelda title and I don't like it enough to buy a remake of it.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#34ChibiJPosted 1/24/2013 4:23:50 PM
Well I'm not like "OMGWTFBBQ" over it

but....WW is my favorite Zelda game and it does look nice so I may pick it up
---
3DS FC: 2707-1667-1987
WiiU Id: ChibiJ
#35MelkacPosted 1/24/2013 5:01:15 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
MerisYaki posted...
Too much bloom. Original > this mess.

they got rid of the cel shading. thats a good thing.

bad cel shading -
http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/windwaker1280x9608xqcsawx8.jpg

good cel shading -
http://nekoload.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/darkcloud2.jpg

remake it like this and be all over it.

That "good" cel shading looks like crap by today's standards...ugh, I can't keep looking at it.
Wind Waker's looks a lot more timeless (which makes me wonder...)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#36The_Skree_KingPosted 1/24/2013 5:13:01 PM
I'm pretty ambivalent. WW is one of the most age proof 3d games so it doesn't really need this. Plus I would rather have an HD Majoras Mask remake.
#37Ampharos64Posted 1/24/2013 5:16:00 PM
Me too, I actually thought it looked better before, and I don't think it needs a HD remake to begin with. I wouldn't really be wowed anyway though, WW is just too flawed, I played it again fairly recently thinking 'surely the sailing can't be as bad as I remember, right?'. It was worse. >_<

demonsouls4life posted...
although i am excited to get it i am a little disappointed that so many nintendo fans claim they could care less about graphics and then this and X comes out and they act like its the second coming. i dont mind if people care about graphics, although they arent the most important aspect of a game they still matter. but im bugged that people act like they dont care then freak out when presented with it.

Agreed. I accept it's not necessarily the same people, but it does feel like Nintendo fans can be really hypocritical sometimes. It's impossible to trust that they're looking anything like objectively at the games and systems when they act like that.
#38GdboyratedloudPosted 1/24/2013 5:29:59 PM
all of a sudden, WW is the worst Zelda lmaooo
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#39RyuVegasPosted 1/24/2013 5:33:50 PM
The_Skree_King posted...
I'm pretty ambivalent. WW is one of the most age proof 3d games so it doesn't really need this. Plus I would rather have an HD Majoras Mask remake.

This is my sentiments exactly. Except I'm hoping MM is remade in 3D on the 3DS and I could care less if it remade in HD or not. XD
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: KI:U, OoT3D, SM3DL
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#40SSj7CloudSPosted 1/24/2013 5:36:25 PM
The_Darkwalker posted...
Wow! Are people really saying things like, "Ders tew mush bleeewmmm! Dis not as better as other WW!"

That's just....wow. Sometimes I swear people say things like that just to seem "hardcore" or unique or something. Seriously, just...just go away......

Wow! Are people like you really saying things without backing up anything you have to say? Seriously, just...just leave this board if you have nothing of value to input.

On topic, too much bloom, don't really care for it myself. I still prefer the look it has on the GC for the charm it adds.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77