Anyone else not bowled over by the Wind Waker remake?

#41DarkShadowRagePosted 1/24/2013 4:39:47 PM
lol @ people saying too much bloom.

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/10/UT3_City01.jpg this game is bloomed out the ass, and i enjoyed UT3.

WW doesn't hold a candle to the amount of Bloom present in UT3. I think the bloom adds a nice touch if it isn't over done.
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2
#42AnclationPosted 1/24/2013 4:42:54 PM
I actually looked really nice visually, but I'd still much rather have had Majora's Mask 3D.
#43Solid_SOAPPosted 1/24/2013 4:43:53 PM
I don't think that the screens shown were supposed to be vindictive of the final product, to be honest. I'm pretty certain that their purpose was to show us that Nintendo have been toying with the graphics of Zelda games, and that Wind Waker will be the first (If the only) to get a face-lift on the Wii U. I'll hold my judgement until E3, where we'll likely get a video showing what the game actually looks like in action. Perhaps it won't be much different, but considering Nintendo are trying to make a big deal out of the fact that this game is coming to Wii U, saying it's "reborn", I'm guessing that it will have a pretty different look with new features.
#44xoftheuniversePosted 1/24/2013 4:46:12 PM
I am not because out of all the Zelda games Wind Waker is one of the two I hated.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#45DrunkenPeasantPosted 1/24/2013 4:47:10 PM
Anclation posted...
I actually looked really nice visually, but I'd still much rather have had Majora's Mask 3D.

I agree with this, I liked Wind Waker and I'm impressed with the screenshot I've seen but I would much rather see Majora's Mask as a remake.
---
"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken
#46SkyCrackersPosted 1/24/2013 4:50:03 PM
You guys do realize they don't even have a working prototype yet? The screens you saw were just a quickly thrown together proof-of-concept, like the Zelda tech demo. I mean, they didn't even have the NPC's yet. Obviously this is only a very rough indication of what's to come. But I do agree on the bloom, it's nauseating.

DeathSoul2000 posted...
MerisYaki posted...
Too much bloom. Original > this mess.

they got rid of the cel shading. thats a good thing.

Actually, they didn't get rid of it. The cel shading isn't visible in the shot of Link and Tetra standing in the shade, but in the sunlit shot, you can see they're still cel shaded.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#47NeonYoshi11Posted 1/24/2013 4:53:38 PM
KoffSyrup posted...
Something about the screenshots makes it look really cold and uninviting, and frankly I think it doesn't look remarkably better than the original.

The Sun is known to be cold.....
#48Tsutarja495Posted 1/24/2013 4:56:46 PM
I'm only going to be interested by new features, not the graphical enhancement, since I still own the GC version. Like OoT 3D adding gyroscope controls, that made it worth it for me to buy it even though I already have it on N64 and GC. If they added that to WW with the Gamepad, I'd be sold. Even moreso if they actually make that missing water dungeon. It's too early to judge, but I am interested, because WW is my second favorite Zelda game.
#49MegagunstarmanPosted 1/24/2013 5:00:28 PM
I'm not going to really judge it until I see it in motion, but I do like the Gamecube version better based on just the screens.

The Gamecube version is the most beautiful game ever made, so I really hope they don't screw this up.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#50RuneMaster no2Posted 1/24/2013 5:08:40 PM
Another reason not to buy a Wii U. There's no way I'd waste my money on a Wind Waker remake when my (seldom-used) Wii can pay it just fine.
---
One decade on Gfaqs and counting.