Anyone else not bowled over by the Wind Waker remake?

#71C810Posted 1/24/2013 8:36:15 PM
Not really. I liked Wind Waker when I played it when I was younger and when I replayed it a couple months ago. But my wife has the Gamecube version so I really don't see the point of it. Also, the original still looks good so an HD remake seems redundant.

However, if they announce an Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask remake bundle, I'd buy that in a heartbeat
---
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron
#72WiiFan77Posted 1/24/2013 8:39:09 PM
I don't like Zelda much to begin with, so I agree with TC.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#73StealthlysPosted 1/24/2013 8:45:13 PM
Windwaker is a top 5 zelda for me, and this didn't really impress me much, but I gone through windwaker multiple times tho.
#74_Sovereign_Posted 1/24/2013 8:53:54 PM
I watched the Nintendo Direct through my WiiU ( HDTV of course) and the difference between the GC screenshots and the comparable WiiU screenshots were vastly improved, brighter color, much cleaner and crisper. I'm sorry, but if you didn't see a noticeable improvement, I don't know what else to say other than you need your eyes checked....it was gorgeous.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#75StealthlysPosted 1/24/2013 8:57:59 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
I watched the Nintendo Direct through my WiiU ( HDTV of course) and the difference between the GC screenshots and the comparable WiiU screenshots were vastly improved, brighter color, much cleaner and crisper. I'm sorry, but if you didn't see a noticeable improvement, I don't know what else to say other than you need your eyes checked....it was gorgeous.

It is, but If its not 30 bucks or lower, or doesn't have cut content, I don't see how anyone could justify paying 60 bucks for and HD remake, unless they never played it.
#76Arn544Posted 1/24/2013 9:17:09 PM
I think it looks better than the original but I never even wanted the original.

They should give us realism graphics everytime and not that mess, if the gamecube had offered a more appealing zelda maybe it would've sold more.
#77bigt3224Posted 1/24/2013 10:23:28 PM
People keep saying that WW was their least favorite 3D Zelda...... of course it was. The only others were OOT, MM, and TP. I'm not counting SS because I still haven't beaten it... and overall I didn't like it as much.
---
PSN: bigt5478
#78genlockPosted 1/24/2013 10:25:41 PM
I have zero reason to be excited about a remake of a game I finished.
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?