add online service to virtual console games

#1chstarPosted 1/24/2013 2:23:19 PM
I am assuming the answer is no. but any chance the Wii U upgrade to virtual console games will include online play. If that were the case that would make the $1 dollar upgrade more than worth it.

I don't own a Wii U, but when they said "add miiverse support" I thought this is maybe what they meant, and would certainly cause me to go out and buy a Wii U.
#2chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:32:39 PM
or does it just move the games to your controller?
#3Elem187Posted 1/24/2013 2:43:00 PM
It makes the gamepad a mirror for whats on the tv. So you can play NES/SNES games on the big screen, or take it with you into another room on the gamepad.

Miiverse is like a video game version of facebook, but instead of only seeing what your friends right, you can see what the whole world is writing (or drawing) about any game in Nintendo's library.

Miiverse integration for VC games means if you hit the home button, you can beam a screenshot of what you were doing when you hit the home button to miiverse so you can share with the world or ask for tips, hints, etc.
#4CrashTheChevyPosted 1/24/2013 2:43:36 PM
I say we tell them we want this now while theyre developing. We want old school online play!
---
Gamertag - JRDad; PSN - JRDad82; Wii - JRDad - 6160-1469-5148-2995
MKDS: JRDad- Friend Code:077374-952120
#5Elem187Posted 1/24/2013 2:43:41 PM
Elem187 posted...
Miiverse is like a video game version of facebook, but instead of only seeing what your friends right, you can see what the whole world is writing (or drawing) about any game in Nintendo's library.

friends *write
#6chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:47:40 PM
that..sucks. I want to like the Wii U, but nintendo is making it hard with the lack of online support. No virtual console online support, mario bros Wii U wasn't online, and it sounds like private chat is a mess.

o well, guess I'll continue to pass on the Wii U until/if they fix their online situation. thanks for the info though
#7Elem187Posted 1/24/2013 2:59:12 PM
Wait, so let met get this straight. You think Nintendo should go back into their 30 year library and rewrite ALL of their code so you can play their 30 year old games online with friends, and not be compensated for all that development time??

Good grief. You have to be troll. No other explanation for such unrealistic expectations for any company, not just Nintendo.
#8chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:44:39 PM
there are emulators...that do it for free, can't be that hard
#9darkjedilinkPosted 1/24/2013 3:47:03 PM
chstar posted...
there are emulators...that do it for free, can't be that hard

/facepalm

No emulator is anywhere near as perfect at playing the games as VC is. This is because VC titles each have their own custom emulator, designed solely around the one game and the console you download it to.

You're asking for something that would take hundreds of people thousands of hours to do, and you're asking them all to do it without pay.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#10chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:53:32 PM
I service I'd gladly pay for...which is the point. a dollar for the crap they are offering isn't worth it.