Nintendo pushing Nintendo Direct titles to 2014

#1RainsweptPosted 1/24/2013 2:48:01 PM
Nintendo said you'll hear more about Smash Bros, Mario Kart, 3D Mario etc. at E3.

But there's no way they are actually going to release them this year.

Typically those titles release in the Fall/early Winter for the holiday sales rush. But Nintendo knows that in the face of the 720 and PS4 their own titles won't sell. So they'll push them back into 2014.

What they will do though is release a Gamecube port. (lol). They don't care if the Gamecube port doesn't sell because, well, it's a Gamecube port.

This Nintendo that held that Nintendo Direct on such short notice with no trailers or even screenshots for most games was a Nintendo in panic and desperation mode after seeing the WiiU sales failing miserably across the globe and even in their homeland of Japan (16k TOTAL last week! in JAPAN!).

Nintendo isn't just scared. Nintendo isn't just desperate. Nintendo has accepted its failure and has waived the white flag.

Enjoy your Gamecube port in 2013. Better luck next year.
#2robinhoekPosted 1/24/2013 2:49:33 PM
I agree that many of the games won't likely be out this year. It isn't because of the PS4 and Nextbox though.
#3elheberPosted 1/24/2013 2:50:54 PM
robinhoek posted...
I agree that many of the games won't likely be out this year. It isn't because of the PS4 and Nextbox though.

---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#4sonicsonicPosted 1/24/2013 2:51:25 PM
Smash Bros and Mario in 2014 for sure. Sakurai said SSB was a long way off, but I think we can expect Mario Kart this year, Yoshi and possibly X.
#5CharskiPosted 1/24/2013 2:51:30 PM
where does it say this? that sucks, i really wanted wind waker in fall like they said.
#6trenkenPosted 1/24/2013 2:51:35 PM
Yeah, I thought it was understood most of those games were not coming out this year. Hell, Zelda wont even be out in 2014. Takes them 4 years to make those games, and SS didnt come out too long ago.

Im pretty sure not too many people were expecting a new 3D Mario this year or Smash Bros.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/24/2013 2:53:17 PM(edited)
Smash don't be out till 2014 but Mario will be out this year especially if they use the galaxy engine
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#8pbandjamesPosted 1/24/2013 2:52:38 PM
Rainswept posted...
Nintendo said you'll hear more about Smash Bros, Mario Kart, 3D Mario etc. at E3.

But there's no way they are actually going to release them this year.

Typically those titles release in the Fall/early Winter for the holiday sales rush. But Nintendo knows that in the face of the 720 and PS4 their own titles won't sell. So they'll push them back into 2014.

What they will do though is release a Gamecube port. (lol). They don't care if the Gamecube port doesn't sell because, well, it's a Gamecube port.

This Nintendo that held that Nintendo Direct on such short notice with no trailers or even screenshots for most games was a Nintendo in panic and desperation mode after seeing the WiiU sales failing miserably across the globe and even in their homeland of Japan (16k TOTAL last week! in JAPAN!).

Nintendo isn't just scared. Nintendo isn't just desperate. Nintendo has accepted its failure and has waived the white flag.

Enjoy your Gamecube port in 2013. Better luck next year.

Yeah, I sincerely doubt this. They said they'll have some brand new playable games at E3, which probably means a Fall release for some safe titles, and maybe one big title.

So, keep spinning your negative speculation wheel. Oh, and use the correct "waved" next time.
---
Game news is the best news.
#9CharskiPosted 1/24/2013 2:52:42 PM
Charski posted...
where does it say this? that sucks, i really wanted wind waker in fall like they said.

oh wait nevermind, but still, where does it say some of their games are out in 2014? i'm pretty sure bayonetta 2 was supposed to be out this year. besides, nintendo isn't doomed.
#10icarus231Posted 1/24/2013 2:53:07 PM
All the games that will playable demos at E3 will be available by the end of the year. It would be stupid to even think they wouldnt push out stuff like Mario Kart to combat the new systems being released.