Reduced Wii U VC pricing only for transferred games?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 1/24/2013 3:34:06 PM
If I went into the Wii Shop Channel right now and bought Punch Out, would I still be eligible for the $1 pricing or would I have needed to have it already on a Wii and transferred it over? I can't see how they'd distinguish between the two but the Nintendo Direct seems to imply only 'transferred' games.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof*, he was gone."
#2Baha05Posted 1/24/2013 3:37:45 PM(edited)
You should be able to but honestly it's better to wait and buy it on the Wii U eShop instead.

In fact Punch Out will be 30 cents in Feb or Mar due to a promotion so it's best to wait till then.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:41:36 PM
Yeah, I was just using that game as an example.. definitely waiting for it. Some games I wanted to purchase now but I definitely don't want to fully buy 2 different versions of them. Oh and I'm the worst when it comes to patience. lol
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
#4hellbringherPosted 1/24/2013 3:41:43 PM
Dear God.

It's only transferred games because why would someone buy a Wii vc game if they want a Wii u Eshop game?

Down with the stupidness.
---
Known trolls --- AhnoldDood * baha05 * cloudstrife630 * P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
#5darkjedilinkPosted 1/24/2013 3:43:55 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Yeah, I was just using that game as an example.. definitely waiting for it. Some games I wanted to purchase now but I definitely don't want to fully buy 2 different versions of them. Oh and I'm the worst when it comes to patience. lol

If you were to buy a VC title in Wii Mode, you would then be able to get the Wii U version for the discount price.

However, you'd be stupid to do so, unless you REALLY want the game RIGHT NOW, since it'll be the exact same price when the VC on Wii U launches.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#6hellbringherPosted 1/24/2013 3:45:37 PM
You are going to have the option to upgrade any game that is sitting on your Wii vc. Regardless of if it was transferred or not. They specified the transfer because they assume people have common sense.

If you buy a game or transfer a Wii vc game right now. Prepare to pay $1 or a $1.50 to upgrade or you can wait and just get the the Eshop version.
---
#7xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:46:26 PM
hellbringher posted...
Dear God.

It's only transferred games because why would someone buy a Wii vc game if they want a Wii u Eshop game?

Because the Wii Shop has a full selection of games right now and we have no clue as to when a particular game will come out on the Wii U eShop channel?

Tough to figure that out on your own... I know.
---
#8emayerPosted 1/24/2013 3:46:42 PM
hellbringher posted...
Dear God.

Because the Wii U Virtual Console only has Balloon Fight currently and people want to play something other than that?
#9hellbringherPosted 1/24/2013 3:48:24 PM
emayer posted...
hellbringher posted...
Dear God.

Because the Wii U Virtual Console only has Balloon Fight currently and people want to play something other than that?

Then buy it genius. Then pay $1 or $1.50 in the spring to upgrade.
---
#10Baha05Posted 1/24/2013 3:49:40 PM
hellbringher posted...
Then buy it genius. Then pay $1 or $1.50 in the spring to upgrade.

Honestly it is pretty smart given that chances are the prices will be a buck or so higher. However there should be a cut off date so that people before say 2013 that bought on the Wii VC can get updated for free.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U