Sakurai: Wii U and 3DS Smash Bros. will be shown at E3. More than "screens".

#31moogle69Posted 1/24/2013 7:32:17 PM
3D_Shado posted...
The 3DS one better be good. Hopefully they'll develop it primarily for 3DS and then port it to Wii U, like Revelations. Seems like more people own 3DS so it makes sense to develop for the version likely to sell the most.

The wii u cersion is going to clearly sel more. Its selling horrible right now for a good cause. Wait til nintendo releases theur missles.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#32Oni_TaedoPosted 1/24/2013 7:47:55 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Hopefully it's not garbage like Brawl.

Except that Brawl was great.

Brawl's only (outside of the floatyness, the meh balance, the lack of combos, and the fact that they slowed the entire game down to make up for that little blue abomination) problem, is that it's not as good as Melee.

But that's like having Chuck Norris and Mike Tyson as your parents. No matter how awesome you become, you'll never be as awesome as the thing that came before you.

I hope it's better than Brawl. Brawl was a huge wake up call, and I think Nintendo sort of realizes the mistakes they made with it were huge, which is partially why I think they got Namco on board to help with SSB4.

Also, no third parties. No Namco characters. Nothing. Just Nintendo. Maybe throw in a stage from a Namco game as a joke, like maybe a level that takes place with Nightmare and Sigfried or Kazuya and Jin beating the crap out of each other in the background, but outside of that, no third parties. Unless it's a character who's given name means dragon, and surname happens to mean raven. Then I'll condone.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#33P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/24/2013 7:56:41 PM
Supposedly the two versions are to be separate with different content.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#34McMarblesPosted 1/24/2013 8:19:45 PM
Oh, god, I'm already hyped... can you just imagine?

It starts out like the last one, with all sorts of characters from brawl together, then...

*theme starts up, each character arriving in his or her own inimitable style**

*NEW CHALLENGER: ISAAC*

*NEW CHALLENGER: DILLON*

*NEW CHALLENGER: ROSALINA*

*NEW CHALLENGER: KING K' ROOL*

*NEW CHALLENGER: GIRAHIM*

*NEW CHALLENGER: SHULK*

Then they all collide in a big flash, and THERE'S THE LOGO...

...and then...

"Starting the party without me, lads?"

*NEW CHALLENGER: BAYONETTA*
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#35_Sovereign_Posted 1/24/2013 10:56:02 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
hmm lets see...building a game from the ground up on a weak handheld, and putting that on Wii U. Yeah, that just goes over so well

Because Smash Bros. was totally all about power. And "weak handheld"? Compared to what? The Vita? Who cares?

Can you please for 5 seconds get your lips off Nintendo's ass?

No one wants to play a 3DS game on the Wii U. People want a 3DS powered Smash Bros game on the 3DS, and a Wii U powered Smash Bros game on the Wii U.

RE : Revelations....case closed.

Anybody who thinks that this game will be made from the ground up for the 3ds, then ported to the WiiU with no upgrades, is a moron. They may make the same game, and connect the two, but both will be made from the ground up for their respective platforms...obviously.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#36Sailor GoonPosted 1/24/2013 11:30:22 PM
whizkid7 posted...
I really love the assumption that Nintendo can't possibly make both versions separately and have to base one off the other....

Oh, wait, that's a stupid assumption.

Except that noone here has made that assumption. Everyone has stated they want and hope it's two different versions
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#37GoombaXPosted 1/24/2013 11:32:39 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
No one wants to play a 3DS game on the Wii U. People want a 3DS powered Smash Bros game on the 3DS, and a Wii U powered Smash Bros game on the Wii U.

Yeah, no one wants another PSASBR mess, where the main game was clearly made for a technically inferior system first.

notice how he ignored you comment.
truth hurts
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#38GloryChaosPosted 1/24/2013 11:34:17 PM
I guess we won't be seeing any cross play.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#39Marcster1994Posted 1/24/2013 11:38:51 PM
I played Skyrim PC with a FXAA mod to add color.

I was appalled by how grey Vanilla Skyrim was. It's unacceptable. How can people think it looks good on consoles?
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EnglishLanguage/