Going to be buying my first nintendo system in quite awhile...

#1JoshMHhunterPosted 1/24/2013 3:45:57 PM
So I'm thinking I may go out and get the Wii U today but my only problem is how much I will be spending with all this hate on this board it makes me feel like it may not be worth it...I plan on buying the Wii U Deluxe, Mario Bros U and 2 Wii Motion Controllers. I believe I'm looking at like $500. Dang controllers are expensive. But anyways I need some reassurance that this system is worth it. Also any other games I should look into? The Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii looks fun.
---
GT: Xxxl Stylo lxxX
#2Hawke0Posted 1/24/2013 3:54:08 PM
On the Wii:
Metroid Prime 3
Red Steel 2
No More Heroes 1 & 2
Sin and Punishment Star Successor
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Legend of Zelda SS and TP
Monster Hunter Tri
Super Smash Bros Brawl
New Play Control Pikmin and Nintendo Selects Pikmin 2
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

I like the Conduit games, though many will say they suck (yeah, real informative). They're pretty cheap now and I wrote a review for each of them, with most people saying they were very unbiased and informative. a 7 for the first and an 8 (7.75 really) for the second.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#3KAMMYqueenPosted 1/24/2013 3:58:11 PM
JoshMHhunter posted...
So I'm thinking I may go out and get the Wii U today but my only problem is how much I will be spending with all this hate on this board it makes me feel like it may not be worth it...I plan on buying the Wii U Deluxe, Mario Bros U and 2 Wii Motion Controllers. I believe I'm looking at like $500. Dang controllers are expensive. But anyways I need some reassurance that this system is worth it. Also any other games I should look into? The Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii looks fun.

just about all the hate on this board is from trolls so forget about that.
just to name a few
Zombie U
Nintendo Land
ScribbleNuats Unlimted
Monster Hunter
these are games i own or plan to get.
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#4mjc0961Posted 1/24/2013 4:00:40 PM
Hawke0 posted...
I like the Conduit games, though many will say they suck (yeah, real informative). They're pretty cheap now and I wrote a review for each of them, with most people saying they were very unbiased and informative. a 7 for the first and an 8 (7.75 really) for the second.

Yeah, rather than listening to this guy's lies (no review giving either Conduit game such high scores are unbiased), go read some proper low scoring reviews. Those are actually informative and actually unbiased. Giving those games such high scores just reeks of that sad "OMG WII HAS TEH HARDCORE GAEMS TOO TAKE IT SRSLY EVERYONE!!!" mentality some people have to compensate for all the 360 and PS3 fanboys calling it casual all the time.

Wii has plenty of great games for the core gamer, but the Conduit titles are not among them.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#5DTY3Posted 1/24/2013 4:03:00 PM
Kirby's Return to Dreeamland
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#6snae99Posted 1/24/2013 4:05:20 PM
Hawke0 posted...
On the Wii:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn is rather expensive nowadays isn't it?
---
Currently playing: Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Halo 4
#7JoshMHhunter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 4:07:04 PM
Ok awesome I totally plan to get Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. I remember back in high school say 4 years ago, I had a friend who just kept raving about the Conduit and how crazy he got when they announced the second one. I may have to look into that too.

I'm a huge monster hunter fan, one of the reason's I'm getting the console =D
---
GT: Xxxl Stylo lxxX
#8HungoverHero777Posted 1/24/2013 4:07:44 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Hawke0 posted...

Yeah, rather than listening to this guy's lies (no review giving either Conduit game such high scores are unbiased), go read some proper low scoring reviews. Those are actually informative and actually unbiased. Giving those games such high scores just reeks of that sad "OMG WII HAS TEH HARDCORE GAEMS TOO TAKE IT SRSLY EVERYONE!!!" mentality some people have to compensate for all the 360 and PS3 fanboys calling it casual all the time.

Wii has plenty of great games for the core gamer, but the Conduit titles are not among them.

Every game has its fans.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#9ZvolTxPosted 1/24/2013 4:09:44 PM
snae99 posted...
Hawke0 posted...
On the Wii:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn is rather expensive nowadays isn't it?

Is it?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#10EazyERockPosted 1/24/2013 4:21:38 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Hawke0 posted...

i actually like the Conduit games.. C2 is easily the best shooter on the wii, and the visuals are damn impressive..

what is a "core" game anyway? a game that takes you over 100 hours to beat or something?
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year