Going to be buying my first nintendo system in quite awhile...

#11Rasputin77Posted 1/24/2013 5:21:47 PM
Good for you, TC. Some of the 'hate', if we must call it that, IS warranted, because the launch and the system itself has some shortcomings. This has lead to many ignorant, defensive knee-jerk statements like:

just about all the hate on this board is from trolls so forget about that.

No... there are some trolls, but also warranted complaints. No way does "just about all of it" come from those (so maturely) labeled 'trolls'.

I'm getting XC myself (AFTER finishing Mass Effect Trilogy - trying to break years and years of backlog-encouraging tendencies), and had a friend loan me about 9 good Wii games which will keep me plenty occupied until more Wii U games are out.

Personally, this thing shines as a local multiplayer machine, so I'm glad to hear you're throwing down for extra controllers. Hope you enjoy!
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#12grandabxPosted 1/24/2013 5:52:55 PM
buy a ps3 and ni no kuni and dark souls.
#13TheFallenPriestPosted 1/24/2013 6:02:21 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Good for you, TC. Some of the 'hate', if we must call it that, IS warranted, because the launch and the system itself has some shortcomings. This has lead to many ignorant, defensive knee-jerk statements like:

just about all the hate on this board is from trolls so forget about that.

No... there are some trolls, but also warranted complaints. No way does "just about all of it" come from those (so maturely) labeled 'trolls'.

99% of it does though. You have stupid comments like the one in my sig, and people saying that the next smash bros for the U should just be a port of the 3ds version. And its no 1 post, but these are the final nails in the coffin before they hit my ignore button. Once you remove the people that do nothing but post hate, and obviously dont own a U, you see hardly any negative topics.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#14BakaIdiotPosted 1/24/2013 6:33:59 PM
grandabx posted...

No idea why there is so much praise for dark souls. That game sucks.
#15JoshMHhunter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:37:31 PM
Thanks you guys for the replies. I see Xenoblade and Fire Emblem is so expensive =(. I definitely don't plan on spending $600 on the system and games right away. I need some deals and need to look around now haha.

As for buying 2 Wii Controllers I have to because I'm getting Mario and my girl friend and I won't be able to play together because of this concept. So more money for Nintendo. But I must say Mario Bros on the Wii was alot of fun when we did play it so I'm sure it's worth it.
---
GT: Xxxl Stylo lxxX
#16Hawke0Posted 1/24/2013 7:19:19 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Hawke0 posted...
I like the Conduit games, though many will say they suck (yeah, real informative). They're pretty cheap now and I wrote a review for each of them, with most people saying they were very unbiased and informative. a 7 for the first and an 8 (7.75 really) for the second.

Yeah, rather than listening to this guy's lies (no review giving either Conduit game such high scores are unbiased), go read some proper low scoring reviews. Those are actually informative and actually unbiased. Giving those games such high scores just reeks of that sad "OMG WII HAS TEH HARDCORE GAEMS TOO TAKE IT SRSLY EVERYONE!!!" mentality some people have to compensate for all the 360 and PS3 fanboys calling it casual all the time.

Wii has plenty of great games for the core gamer, but the Conduit titles are not among them.

Wow, that's a whole lot of insecurity in one post, as well as obvious blind hate. "Lolno only read bad reviews teh gud reviews r liez!!!" If anyone here is biased, it's you. Honestly, I would've rated them each slightly lower (6.5 and 7.25 for each) if it weren't for the widespread belief that 7 is a terrible score. I also believe most people who talk about 'hardcore games' are idiots, and you sir fit the bill.

Btw, here are my reviews.
The Conduit
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/947068-the-conduit/reviews/review-152752
Conduit 2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/991817-conduit-2/reviews/review-152854

I'd recommend reading more reviews after these or before if you'd prefer that, both poor and good. But it's always best to ignore the 9+s and -5's.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#17Hawke0Posted 1/24/2013 10:10:29 PM
The funny thing is that Joystiqs review of Conduit 2 is the worst review I've ever read, completely uninformative with outright lies every other sentence.
---
#18EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/24/2013 10:44:36 PM
BakaIdiot posted...
grandabx posted...

No idea why there is so much praise for dark souls. That game sucks.

One of the best games to come out of last generation. More of a niche game so it's not for everyone.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR 3DS : 2895- 6776- 7223
Now playing: RE: Revelations, AC3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Black Ops II, Trine 2, Walking Dead
#19diggyfreshPosted 1/24/2013 10:52:12 PM
JoshMHhunter posted...
So I'm thinking I may go out and get the Wii U today but my only problem is how much I will be spending with all this hate on this board it makes me feel like it may not be worth it...I plan on buying the Wii U Deluxe, Mario Bros U and 2 Wii Motion Controllers. I believe I'm looking at like $500. Dang controllers are expensive. But anyways I need some reassurance that this system is worth it. Also any other games I should look into? The Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii looks fun.

Don't do it. Go small. Just get the basic version and Mario. And if you're going to play local multiplayer for Mario get the Wii remotes. Actually, get the remotes regardless cuz they are widely supported.

And Xenoblade is a hard game to find. It had a limited release. Copies on Amazon go for over $100. Good luck finding it.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#20Hawke0Posted 1/25/2013 3:47:04 PM
The Deluxe has so much more stuff though. For $50 you get a game, 4 times as much memory, and other stuff.
---