Sign this petition.

#1laxnd23Posted 1/24/2013 5:57:51 PM
Hey guys. So I was browsing the White House Petitions site and found there is a petition to ban region locking for movies, games, etc. in America. The link is below. Please sign it. Even those not from the US, please sign it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-use-region-locking-games-movies-software-and-internet-traffic-handling/XGzyvcVJ
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#2Petey_MeanisPosted 1/24/2013 5:58:17 PM
no
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 1/24/2013 5:59:08 PM
For a second there, I thought it was a petition to ban games period.
#4laxnd23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:01:45 PM
Petey_Meanis posted...
no

You support region locking? Why? That makes sense on the Xbox, but why on the Wii U?
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#5mjc0961Posted 1/24/2013 6:05:06 PM
Petey_Meanis posted...
no

Region lock away. Doesn't effect me, let all these people who want to play Japanese games get a Japanese console or just go live in Japan and not worry about it anymore. Of all the things I'd liked to see changed on the Wii U and in this country, region locking doesn't even make the list. Who cares, there are bigger issues with the Wii U and FAR bigger issues in the United States that need dealing with than region locking.

laxnd23 posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...
no

You support region locking? Why? That makes sense on the Xbox, but why on the Wii U?

Why does it makes sense on the Xbox but not the Wii U? Go on, try to justify region locking the 360 with an argument that doesn't also justify it for the Wii U. And it has to be a real argument, not "cuz 360 sux and Xbots deserve it lulz".
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#6darkjedilinkPosted 1/24/2013 6:06:26 PM
Not only will I not sign, such a ban would be unconstitutional.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#7robinhoekPosted 1/24/2013 6:25:48 PM(edited)
laxnd23 posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...
no

Supporting a cause and signing a petition to ban something are two very different things. If you can't distinguish between these two things then please don't ever sign any petition or excercise your right to vote (if you have the right to vote that is).

The simple truth is we live in a society where you can't just ban things because you don't like them. If you come up with a valid reason to ban them then maybe it would happen. I can tell you that the petition you linked to fails to establish a legitimate reason for a ban of region locking.
#8Newbie00Posted 1/24/2013 6:08:47 PM
I was going to but then I learned I had to make an account.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#9laxnd23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:11:30 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...
no

Region lock away. Doesn't effect me, let all these people who want to play Japanese games get a Japanese console or just go live in Japan and not worry about it anymore. Of all the things I'd liked to see changed on the Wii U and in this country, region locking doesn't even make the list. Who cares, there are bigger issues with the Wii U and FAR bigger issues in the United States that need dealing with than region locking.

laxnd23 posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...
no

Why does it makes sense on the Xbox but not the Wii U? Go on, try to justify region locking the 360 with an argument that doesn't also justify it for the Wii U. And it has to be a real argument, not "cuz 360 sux and Xbots deserve it lulz".

The reason it makes sense for the Xbox, or at least doesn't affect the Xbox, is because the majority of games made for the Xbox are Western releases, thus US region locking doesn't affect them. Very few Japanese games that are made for the Xbox don't get shipped to the US. The only game I can think of that was affected by this was Monster Hunter. The Wii U, on the other hand, is more affected by region locking as there are many more games that are not available to US gamers. And why would I say Xbox sucks? My GT is in my sig. I don't even have a Wii U yet, I plan to get it in May.
---
#10Petey_MeanisPosted 1/24/2013 6:20:34 PM
Petey_Meanis posted...
no

You support region locking?

no, i hate people spamming crappy petitions every chance they get on GameFAQs.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif