The poll today proves one thing.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 1/24/2013 6:29:46 PM
Today's poll proves that Nintendo scared many fans away over to the Xbox and PS3 last generation with their casual approuch and they actually have to work for the fans back.

Ever since last generation, Nintendo and their IP's have been labeled "baby" and they need something NEW to get those fans back.

Don't call me a sony pony or a troll because that's just my take on the situation.

The Wii U got me to come back to Nintendo after last generation so I have no doubt that others can come back too, also the games announced yesterday look AMAZING and I plan to buy them all!
#2mjc0961Posted 1/24/2013 6:32:53 PM
It proves one thing and one thing only, that whoever made the poll is biased. They focused on the least exciting announcements of the conference. New Mario, we all knew that was coming. New Zelda, we already knew that was coming. New Yoshi was unexpected, but Yoshi isn't exactly an OMG MUST HAVE type of thing like other stuff.

Meanwhile, people who were turned off by the Wii and didn't watch Nintendo Direct have no reason to do so after reading that poll. They'll just see "New Mario, Zelda, Yoshi" and then pick the last option without doing any research.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#3Newbie00Posted 1/24/2013 6:33:12 PM
The baby title starting settling in during the GC era. It was an undeserving label at the time, and being the objective third party that I am, I disputed it.

From the Wii on, however, it was an entirely justified label.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#4KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:34:03 PM
mjc0961 posted...
It proves one thing and one thing only, that whoever made the poll is biased. They focused on the least exciting announcements of the conference. New Mario, we all knew that was coming. New Zelda, we already knew that was coming. New Yoshi was unexpected, but Yoshi isn't exactly an OMG MUST HAVE type of thing like other stuff.

Meanwhile, people who were turned off by the Wii and didn't watch Nintendo Direct have no reason to do so after reading that poll. They'll just see "New Mario, Zelda, Yoshi" and then pick the last option without doing any research.

I agree, I mean totally after Skyward Sword, I thought to myself "omg there will NEVER be another Zelda game" and after SMG2 I thought "omg there will NEVER be another 3D Mario game"

Yoshi was expected because Miiverse hack.
#5EazyERockPosted 1/24/2013 6:35:32 PM
mjc0961 posted...

Gamefaqs? BIASED? GTFO of here with that BS...
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
#6DifferentialEquationPosted 1/24/2013 6:36:15 PM
mjc0961 posted...

Any negative opinions toward Nintendo are not valid.

A poll of gamers on a video game site puts Nintendo in a somewhat negative light. Nintedo's fault? Nope. The poll must be biased.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#7Helios_KnightPosted 1/24/2013 6:36:19 PM
It's around 8:30pm EST as of my post and the poll has 35507 responses. The only thing that poll proves is how very small of the gaming demographic is represented on GameFAQs. I'm not being a Nintendo "fanboy" (since when is that a bad thing anyway?) I'm just pointing out you can't jump to industry wide conclusions with such a very small pool of data.
#8xerofyre0Posted 1/24/2013 6:39:31 PM
Poll proves nothing. Go to a forum like neogaf and look at all the intelligent conversation and love Nintendo is getting. I bet a poll there would yield different results.
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#9Pkshootout13Posted 1/24/2013 6:42:52 PM
I think a majority of this site has to ask their parents to buy them games and consoles if you catch my drift. Kids that would say 'why would i play the snes? The graphics suck!' Now I'm not saying everyone is like this. I'm just saying that the numbers are great enough to invalidate the poll
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#10mashuPosted 1/24/2013 6:47:59 PM
Helios_Knight posted...
It's around 8:30pm EST as of my post and the poll has 35507 responses. The only thing that poll proves is how very small of the gaming demographic is represented on GameFAQs. I'm not being a Nintendo "fanboy" (since when is that a bad thing anyway?) I'm just pointing out you can't jump to industry wide conclusions with such a very small pool of data.

Not that I fully disagree with you, but, you can. Nielson has been doing it for years with a sampling even less than that deciding the programming for millions nationwide.