So this $1 vc transfer thing..

#221darkjedilinkPosted 1/25/2013 2:40:11 PM
Baha05 posted...
icarus231 posted...
No you just act like they owe you, they do not. Dont like it dont buy it.

Because I bought these games, I transferred them in hopes that Nintendo would support Wii U play, they in fact do support it buy on top of the ten dollars I spent I have to add another buck fifty for what isn't even much of an upgrade to the game itself?

Let's recap - you transferred your VC titles from the Wii to the Wii U hoping Nintendo would add off-TV play to the VC games AFTER NINTENDO TOLD YOU THAT IT WASN'T EVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

And you have a problem with Nintendo over this.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#222Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 2:40:51 PM
darkjedilink posted...
where you tried to argue that you weren't playing Wii VC on the Wii U, that digital licenses meant you could play a game you bought digitally on whatever the hell you wanted, that you are quite literally buying the exact same game with no changes whatsoever, that you were FORCED to buy a patch and that Nintendo owed you this for free because they made you think that off-TV play for VC and Wii games was confirmed by their comment that it was never going to be available.

No my argument was that in a sense you aren't really playing the games on the Wii U itself in the sense that you are just playing it on an Emulation of the Wii's OS on the Wii U. It basically just boils down to you playing the games on a Wii. Which again is an issue and a baffling one as Nintendo has been in this game for 30 years now and they really have no programmers that can figure out who to merge the Wii games into the Wii U OS without having Wii Mode. Like really? No one at Nintendo can do this?

I mean again my 3DS has all these things merged into the system. I don't have to boot up DSi mode to play DSi titles now.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#223icarus231Posted 1/25/2013 2:44:34 PM
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
where you tried to argue that you weren't playing Wii VC on the Wii U, that digital licenses meant you could play a game you bought digitally on whatever the hell you wanted, that you are quite literally buying the exact same game with no changes whatsoever, that you were FORCED to buy a patch and that Nintendo owed you this for free because they made you think that off-TV play for VC and Wii games was confirmed by their comment that it was never going to be available.

No my argument was that in a sense you aren't really playing the games on the Wii U itself in the sense that you are just playing it on an Emulation of the Wii's OS on the Wii U. It basically just boils down to you playing the games on a Wii. Which again is an issue and a baffling one as Nintendo has been in this game for 30 years now and they really have no programmers that can figure out who to merge the Wii games into the Wii U OS without having Wii Mode. Like really? No one at Nintendo can do this?

I mean again my 3DS has all these things merged into the system. I don't have to boot up DSi mode to play DSi titles now.

You bought a wii game if you want to upgrade to a wii u game its $1 get over it
#224Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 2:45:37 PM
BlazeFaia posted...
I find they do plenty enough already. It's easy to overlook the things they do for you when you're too busy focusing on the things they don't do for you. That's the problem with entitlement. Like people complaining about ads on Youtube when they're being provided free content to view when and wherever they please.

Just recently I had two encounters with Nintendo support where they were extremely pleasant and put out that extra effort just to appease me. They didn't have to. One of those issues were pretty silly tbh. But I appreciate that they did so anyhow. Not even Valve, my favorite dev of all time, is as good with their tech support.

Some? Try ALL. I can't get ANY content from my original Xbox Live account anymore.

Yeah it's easy to over look things I'll admit that and honestly I'll most likely suck up my pride and buy the copies on the Wii U (Though not all at once and only if they fix the quality because if Balloon Hunt on my 3DS looks much better then on my Wii U then something better be fixed) Though the Youtube thing is something more annoying then it does with screwing you over.

Also they actually kinda have to be pleasant to you for CS or they'd get fired. I think doing extra is just their part in being helpful. Though CS is another story.

And I never had content on the Xbox but you know it's in the past and I think they can improve on their digital content, however with Nintendo it's a whole different issue. I mean hell how do you think it's going to be like if they ever merge the Wii U eShop and the 3DS?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#225Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 2:46:12 PM
icarus231 posted...

But it's not upgrading the game itself.
---
#226icarus231Posted 1/25/2013 2:48:12 PM
Baha05 posted...
icarus231 posted...

But it's not upgrading the game itself.

But it is.
#227Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 2:50:45 PM
icarus231 posted...
But it is.

Except it's not, when I think of an updated game I think fixing glitches to the game, I think remakes, I think things like DLC to expand on the game.

I don't think adding message boards, or allowing you to save, or change your controller set up.
---
#228DiscostewSMPosted 1/25/2013 2:50:58 PM
I remember the UMD Passport program.....
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#229darkjedilinkPosted 1/25/2013 2:51:21 PM
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

No my argument was that in a sense you aren't really playing the games on the Wii U itself in the sense that you are just playing it on an Emulation of the Wii's OS on the Wii U.

That's not what you said. You literally stated that my Wii magically streams games from my bedroom to my TV in my living room.

It basically just boils down to you playing the games on a Wii. Which again is an issue and a baffling one as Nintendo has been in this game for 30 years now and they really have no programmers that can figure out who to merge the Wii games into the Wii U OS without having Wii Mode. Like really? No one at Nintendo can do this?

Nobody ANYWHERE can do this. Again, NO EMULATOR IS ANYWHERE NEAR PERFECT. Wii VC is the closest ANYONE has gotten to perfect emulation, and the only reason that's the case is because each individually game is custom-emulated solely for the Wii.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#230BlazeFaiaPosted 1/25/2013 2:53:12 PM
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Actually. In a sense. Yes you do. The 3DS' ARM11 CPU is a spiritual successor to the ARM9 that was in the DS and DSi. These two had 2 CPUs. The ARM9 and ARM7. The ARM9 was for visuals, gameplay, etc. The ARM7 was for sound, wifi, and GBA playback as the GBA used an ARM7 CPU. The 3DS no longer has this ARM7 CPU, so you're pulling up an emulated wifi menu to set up your DS and DSi's multiplayer as it can't just simply use the 3DS's wifi, and it, like the DS and DSi, is not able to use a WEP secure router, unlike the 3DS's wifi despite being on the same machine.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png