When will we get a Zelda game where Link is female?

#31ElectricMolePosted 1/25/2013 5:44:42 PM
Legend of ZELDA.

Its Zelda's story.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#32DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/25/2013 6:44:15 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Eh, I feel like Link is the male incarnation and Zelda is the female.

Balance.

More like sexism.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#33AerLightwingPosted 1/25/2013 7:02:07 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Eh, I feel like Link is the male incarnation and Zelda is the female.

Balance.

More like sexism.

Sexism to one with a sexist mind-set, you mean.
It's how the game's mythos was designed, and there's nothing sexist about sticking to design.
---
My screen-name on the web, usually, is smashbrolink. Look for me on Gaia Online.com.^_^
Oh, and don't let the name fool you: I play on PS3 as well.^_-
#34scoobydoobydontPosted 1/25/2013 7:12:15 PM
Board_hunter567 posted...
It's weird how almost no other series with a male protagonist gets this request.

What? People have been saying this about stuff like FF (before Lightning) and GTA forever. Same with Gears of War people wanted a female character, so they added one finally in 3 (even if it isn't the protagonist). Assassins Creed felt compelled to do it in the Vita game so either demographics of the series or requests urged them. Fable series got massive complaints from the first one so they added it in the ones that followed (in fairness, I think it was always intended and it just was a thing they had no time for). The Bethesda and Bioware fanbases would go absolutely nuts if character creation was limited to just males in even a minor RPG release. I think you just don't notice it elsewhere, for whatever reason.

Zelda gained some steam because of that one dad's article/rant, maybe that's why it seems more common lately?
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#35xenos74Posted 1/25/2013 7:20:59 PM
It's weird how almost no other series with a male protagonist gets this request.

But sure, why not? Better yet, why not let the player choose his or her gender?

I don't think it would fit this series. As others have said, playing Zelda would probably be the best choice.

Honestly a little surprised that no one has mentioned this, but....if Nintendo would consider a female Link, I'd rather they make it a new IP, just with some LoZ similarities or something along those lines
#36CrystalKing5426Posted 1/25/2013 7:23:37 PM
There's already too much Rule 63 of LOZ on the internet.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#37mjc0961Posted 1/25/2013 7:25:09 PM

Also how come nobody asks for Metroid where you play as a dude?
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#38PikachuMittinsPosted 1/25/2013 7:28:59 PM
Make a spinoff of the Goddess Hylia. There's your female protagonist.
---
Official Light Director of the NDF/KDF/PDF/IDF
Playing: Rhythm Thief.
#39mjc0961Posted 1/25/2013 7:29:08 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...

What? People have been saying this about stuff like FF (before Lightning) and GTA forever. Same with Gears of War people wanted a female character, so they added one finally in 3 (even if it isn't the protagonist). Assassins Creed felt compelled to do it in the Vita game so either demographics of the series or requests urged them. Fable series got massive complaints from the first one so they added it in the ones that followed (in fairness, I think it was always intended and it just was a thing they had no time for). The Bethesda and Bioware fanbases would go absolutely nuts if character creation was limited to just males in even a minor RPG release. I think you just don't notice it elsewhere, for whatever reason.

Zelda gained some steam because of that one dad's article/rant, maybe that's why it seems more common lately?

*ahem*

"It's weird how almost no other series with a male protagonist gets this request."

Coming up with less than 5 legit examples (Final Fantasy doesn't count, it had games with female leads long before 13) does not negate the "almost". I think you just ought to read more carefully before you post.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#40Board_hunter567Posted 1/25/2013 7:58:38 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
The Bethesda and Bioware fanbases would go absolutely nuts if character creation was limited to just males in even a minor RPG release.

Well yeah, gender selection has been in their games for quite some time now - to not include them would be odd.

But to be fair, I probably have said "as many requests" or something along those lines.
Any series that goes on long enough will likely get requests for more diversity. Considering that Zelda is such a well established and long running franchise, I suppose it's actually not all that surprising that it's such a frequent request among fans.