When will we get a Zelda game where Link is female?

#61petran78Posted 1/26/2013 5:53:20 AM
then game would have the title

"Legend of Zeldo"
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#62__Gaminator__Posted 1/26/2013 9:18:09 AM
She would either be only mildly attractive or we would get this:
http://jarj2.deviantart.com/art/Female-Link-269239443
And people would complain about sexualization.
---
Bear in my oatmeal!
#63__Gaminator__Posted 1/26/2013 9:31:59 AM
And then you would have to make Zelda a guy, because guy-rescuing-girl is extremely effective at gathering an emotional response and connection to the game. If Zelda remained, they'd be lesbians, considering the lingering love interest that has been hinted at in many games and confirmed in SS, or there would be no emotion between them and it wouldn't be as exciting. And while I have no problem with it, I don't think it would be wise for Nintendo to make a statement on something as touchy as the subject of homosexuality right now.

So if Zelda WAS replaced with a guy, would Ganondorf be kidnapping him? Guys kidnapping guys? That's just weird. And I shudder to inagine the fanfictions that would result to that. Any more changes to the game's mythos to and the game would just end up being the series's shark-jumping. Seriously, it's entirely unnecessary.
---
Bear in my oatmeal!
#64GoIdenAcePosted 1/26/2013 9:44:16 AM
Hmm,
Linkette goes far from home on the ranch to save the wise Zeke from the evil.... f***, cant think of a good girl name for ganon
---
Great Minecrafter? I need beta testers! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1521811
#65ZetamancerPosted 1/26/2013 9:44:37 AM
mario_gamer posted...
Zetamancer posted...
Link is an actual character. He's not a WOW avatar.

It's the formula, it works. Quit trying to change it for vain sense of "equality".

For every male version there has to be a female version, for it to be fair!

No. That thinking is silly.

This.

I'm tired of this topic springing up every time a new Zelda game is announced. Link is a defined character, just like Samus, Zelda and Mario are. There's no reason to go changing the formula.

Also, I can't believe people are calling the design of Zelda games as sexist. Seriously?

But he isn't, there are like 10 links already, they are not all the same person, they don't all look the same, there is no reason not to have a female one.

Yes there is. Because it's dumb and caters to a niche of 10 people.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359
#66kjhoveyPosted 1/27/2013 8:17:22 PM
mario_gamer posted...
Zetamancer posted...
Link is an actual character. He's not a WOW avatar.

It's the formula, it works. Quit trying to change it for vain sense of "equality".

For every male version there has to be a female version, for it to be fair!

No. That thinking is silly.

This.

I'm tired of this topic springing up every time a new Zelda game is announced. Link is a defined character, just like Samus, Zelda and Mario are. There's no reason to go changing the formula.

Also, I can't believe people are calling the design of Zelda games as sexist. Seriously?

But he isn't, there are like 10 links already, they are not all the same person, they don't all look the same, there is no reason not to have a female one.

They all look very similar and wear the same form of clothes. Link is a defined character in that sense, regardless of them not being the exact same person.

Link is one of Nintendo's star characters, there's zero reason to change it up.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#67ZvolTxPosted 1/27/2013 8:18:39 PM
Only if they make Samus a guy...

Wait why would I even want that?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#68Marley237Posted 1/27/2013 8:29:22 PM
The world is so messed up today. Link is male, Zelda is female. Leave it alone.
#69BlueFlameBatPosted 1/27/2013 10:25:34 PM
I think Link's gender should totally be optional. And if it's not too much trouble, I think the skin pigment and hair color should also be customizable. A black female hero with green hair might stick out like a sore thumb in Hyrul, but I think that would be part of the fun.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#70AngelWithaHatPosted 1/27/2013 10:30:46 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
not in my america