y do ppl think monolith's new game will be online?

#11BlackPhoenix127Posted 1/24/2013 8:42:38 PM
Well if you look at one of the screenshots, there seem to be different players (player 1, player 2, etc.) who all have their own health bars. Then there was what appeared to be a chat box as well. Apparently the text in the box was translated and sounded like your typical MMO banter. Those are the main reasons why. If it's not an MMO then it will at least have an online component from the look of things.

Personally I really hope that it is an MMO because it would be something that would stand out from other offerings on not only the WiiU but the other systems. And the gamepad could be used perfectly with MMOs with lots of hot keys on the touch screen and also using it as an efficient keyboard for text chatting. These have always been the obstacles with trying to get a quality MMO experience on consoles. If Monolith Soft doesn't capitalize on this opportunity then someone else will.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#12JackalPosted 1/24/2013 8:43:28 PM
There was what look liked a conversation going on. People asking "what" and so on. I was looking at the video earlier today.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#13_Sovereign_Posted 1/24/2013 8:58:17 PM
The video pretty much answers this question....
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#14AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 10:45:06 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...

it looks like xenoblade

which was OFFLINE
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#15FrankulaPosted 1/25/2013 10:50:20 AM
AceMos posted...
_Sovereign_ posted...

it looks like xenoblade

which was OFFLINE

You are bad at looking. Look at the chat box and party names
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#16Poopcorn13Posted 1/25/2013 3:16:01 PM
578t7645uyb5 posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Honestly when I first saw it I thought it was an MMO

That's pretty much how Xenoblade battle system plays. An online-less MMO

You mean.. an offline MMO?

That's the word. ;)
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#17Zero254Posted 1/25/2013 3:17:09 PM
I want pso2 ported to wii u but I don't want the japanese version to be region locked.
---
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4318/sadhurtzeldarw8.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1761/sadhurtzeldaburnbh0.jpg
Official Roll player of vs games.
#18AerLightwingPosted 1/25/2013 3:21:19 PM
teamaquashock posted...
In one part in the video, they showed on what seems to be a message board, similar to Monster Hunter Tri.

Yeah, I think that's where it started from.
Someone noticed a chat bar to the side and, in their mind, linked it to being an indicator that the game would be an MMO.

The USB ports will come in handy for that, since they'll likely support keyboards for the game, but keyboard and chat support doesn't automatically mean MMO.
---
MY SCREENNAME ON ALL OTHER SITES IS smashbrolink. LOOK FOR ME ON GAIAONLINE.COM^_^