The Poll of the Day is Actually Pretty Decent News for Nintendo

#1sejan12Posted 1/24/2013 9:59:42 PM
As far as worthless polls go. Assuming that GameFAQs to some degree represents the "CORE" game, its actually pretty good news.

15 percent say they own the system. This number actually seems too high, but I'll go with it.

10 percent say they don't own the system yet but are definitely getting it
This means that Nintendo's sales numbers are virtually guaranteed to nearly double.

22.5 percent say "Maybe, I'll have to see the games myself before I commit."
We have fence sitters, but the number of fence sitters is nearly equal to those that either have the system or plan on getting it in the next year. More than likely, 90 percent of these people will eventually get the system once their game of choice releases.

25 percent responded, "Not yet, unless they really show something amazing at E3"
I see these people as having an open mind toward the system. They probably won't get the system this year, but its reasonable to say that half of them will get it when the right combination of a price drop and a game they want releases. They could be swayed with one or two big releases that are either exclusive to the system or substantively better on the system. This is where Monolith, Retro, and the like need to get games out to wow those not impressed by Mario. Hopefully, Nintendo will continue to publish exclusive 3rd party titles pushing good games that can only by played on the Wii U.

Only 26.5 percent said that they are definitely not getting the system.
This is great news for Nintendo. According to this poll, Nintendo could sell their console to as much as 73.5 percent of the market. If they could land even 50 percent of the "core" market, then it would be good for them. If this poll is even remotely close to the real numbers (its not), then it actually speaks well for their future.
#2diggyfreshPosted 1/24/2013 10:01:39 PM
It is good news for N. Funny that a simple announcement could shift so much opinion.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#3Xenesis XenonPosted 1/24/2013 10:08:11 PM
diggyfresh posted...
It is good news for N. Funny that a simple announcement could shift so much opinion.

It's like any relationship. It needs a healthy amount of communication or it turns bitter.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#4diggyfreshPosted 1/24/2013 10:19:09 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
diggyfresh posted...

It's like any relationship. It needs a healthy amount of communication or it turns bitter.

That's the truth Ruth. This quality of Nintendo Direct announcement should be the norm, not the exception!
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade