WiiU launch was a joke.

#1anonymous4everPosted 1/25/2013 1:40:25 AM
The system was not even READY for launch, as the lack of Virtual Console, enormous day one patch, and buggy firmware attests to. Additionally, I haven't seen a worse lineup of games since the N64 launch. The future looks bleak through May, which in my case, only Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to look forward to.

Why does Nintendo do this? They release a console with limited software, leaving early adopters with a dust collector for months or even years until the really good games become available

This is not how you move consoles Nintendo.....

inb4NotThisTopicAgain
inb4CoolStoryBro
#2knightimexPosted 1/25/2013 1:43:52 AM(edited)
At Nintendo wii move U
---
Old School Games FTW!
#3GigantLuffyPosted 1/25/2013 1:47:19 AM
I agree, the launch was the weakest since N64. While the upcoming line-up looks monsterous, the best option would be to wait until after Monster Hunter 3.
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#4AerLightwingPosted 1/25/2013 1:47:44 AM
You act like nobody but Nintendo ever did a bad launch.

Things will get better over time now that it's out. Let the past stay the past and look forward to the future.
---
MY SCREENNAME ON ALL OTHER SITES IS smashbrolink. LOOK FOR ME ON GAIAONLINE.COM^_^
#5DarthFloatyPosted 1/25/2013 1:48:03 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
CoolStoryBro
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 1/25/2013 1:48:35 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
Why does Nintendo do this? They release a console with limited software, leaving early adopters with a dust collector for months or even years until the really good games become available

Yeah, because every other console had every single thing it will ever have on their launches! Wait.
#7diggyfreshPosted 1/25/2013 1:49:12 AM
anonymous4ever posted...

inb4NotThisTopicAgain
inb4CoolStoryBro

---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#8Rasputin77Posted 1/25/2013 6:29:14 AM
It was a pretty bad launch.

AhnoldDood posted...
Yeah, because every other console had every single thing it will ever have on their launches! OH wait.

Why do you keep messing up your catchphrase, Ahnold? =( Don't let defense-mode take you out of your game!
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#9_Sovereign_Posted 1/25/2013 6:32:33 AM
360 and PS3 launches were atrocious compared to WiiU. The WiiU launch was herald by many as the best console launch since the Dreamcast.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#10kyomagiPosted 1/25/2013 6:40:54 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
360 and PS3 launches were atrocious compared to WiiU. The WiiU launch was herald by many as the best console launch since the Dreamcast.

and yet, both of those consoles outsold the wii u 2:1 and some cases 3:1. it was a bad launch. But maybe MH will boost wii u sales if everyone in japan forgets they already have it on the 3ds.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo