The Atari Jaguar is the only system I regret buying more than the original Wii.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Atari Jaguar is the only system I regret buying more than the original Wii.

User Info: dougsdad0629

dougsdad0629
4 years ago#1
I don't regret the Turbografx, or even the Saturn. I had great fun with both. I'm not getting burned by Nintendo again. N64 was probably my favorite system of all time. However, Gamecube was a disappointment and I flat out hated the Wii. I wish Rare was still with Nintendo. Maybe then the Gamecube and even the Wii would have been better.
Dear pessimist and optimist, while you were arguing about whether the glass was half empty or half full, I drank the water. Signed: The Opportunist.

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
4 years ago#2
Rare sucks now.

And I could argue that the GameCube was all around better than the N64. Though super Mario 64 > Sunshine.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666

User Info: Mixorz

Mixorz
4 years ago#3
I liked GC. Wii on the other hand was a garbage console. Ill hold off on Wii U.
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz

User Info: Beatperson14

Beatperson14
4 years ago#4
I'm not that old, but I have a 3DO. I've seriously played it more than my Wii since I've had one around a year after launch.

User Info: Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
4 years ago#5
The only system I regret buying is the Virtual Boy. I love all the other Nintendo systems, and still play each of them to this day.

User Info: dougsdad0629

dougsdad0629
4 years ago#6
Crappy graphics aside, the 1 thing that would have made the Wii better was if they had packed in a classic controller with each system. Developers wouldn't have been forced to shoe-horn in motion controls for things that were better accomplished by a button press or stick movement. Every game could have had the option to use traditional controls or motion controls.
Dear pessimist and optimist, while you were arguing about whether the glass was half empty or half full, I drank the water. Signed: The Opportunist.

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
4 years ago#7
Developers were never forced to do this. Super Smash Bros. Brawl didn't have any motion controls. Neither did Pokemon Battle revolution. Castle of Shikigami 3 didn't have any motion controls either and that was a third party game. They only included motion controls because they wanted to.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666

User Info: ish0turfac3

ish0turfac3
4 years ago#8
K dawg.
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life

User Info: Beatperson14

Beatperson14
4 years ago#9
dougsdad0629 posted...
Crappy graphics aside, the 1 thing that would have made the Wii better was if they had packed in a classic controller with each system. Developers wouldn't have been forced to shoe-horn in motion controls for things that were better accomplished by a button press or stick movement. Every game could have had the option to use traditional controls or motion controls.

Totally agreed. It actually wasn't a totally useless system... It was just built around a gimmick, which never works in the long run.

User Info: Santo3485

Santo3485
4 years ago#10
I have the Nes, Snes, N64, GC, Wii and most of their handhelds, original Gameboy I got in 1990, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gameboy Micro, DS, DS Lite and 3DS and the Wii is the ONLY Nintendo console I regret buying. Snes and GC are my favourite Nintendo consoles tho. Gonna hold on Wii U for a year+.
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Atari Jaguar is the only system I regret buying more than the original Wii.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived