I'm I crazy for thinking this?

#1microtoastPosted 1/25/2013 11:40:04 AM
So ive owned a 360 for quite a long time and I really enjoyed it...however I don't find myself playing it sooo much now. Reasons being Ive a family and I really don't want to pay $60 for a game that looks pretty much like all the others and will get me bored in hours. Saying that I'm not a hardcore gamer, I enjoy quick pick me up and play games opposed to tedious and long long games. The only game that I would buy for my xbox is crysis 3 because I loved the last one and it was one of the only games that hooked me. Other than that, I can live without playing the other games. The 360 is also complicated for my wife, she likes mario and similar games, wich I can see myself playing, i dont have a problem. Gamestop have right now their deal in wich they give you twice the amount for your console trade and the wii u would be a lot cheaper. Otherwise I would not buy it...i won't pay 300+ for a console out of my pocket in a long time. Do you guys think the wii u will get better games over the future and that is worth trading my xbox for? sorry Im not into the gaming news as before.
#2hellbringherPosted 1/25/2013 11:42:24 AM
So you would rather pay $60 for ports that are $10 on the 360?

Give into hype much? Here's what you do. Get a job.

Also...blog faqs
#3Nate_DihldorffPosted 1/25/2013 11:44:42 AM
Unless it's a Nintendo-published title, I pick games up when they are $15-$20, which usually takes less than a year.

Also, claiming you have a family is no excuse. If you can't make room for your hobby, give up the hobby.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#4microtoast(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:45:28 AM
hellbringher posted...

Also...blog faqs

thanks for the help kid
#5tigg06Posted 1/25/2013 11:45:29 AM
hmm, thats a hard one to say. I DO believe the Wii U will get better, tho I have been happy with mine since day 1. With the recent slew of games "announced" and revealed, there is a pretty decent line up coming, espeically with Xenoblade 2. But to tell you it would be worth trading in your 360 to get.. That is all personal opinion. Besides you're likely to get just 50-70 bucks from gamestop (if thats where you are thinking of trading it in)
It just depends on how much you play your 360 to be quite honest. I would say personally, to keep the 360 and just save til you're able to buy a wii u straight out, that will give it some time for the Wii U to start seeing more of a game library release (personally I see Monster hunter in march being the next big release at this time but that is again personal preference)
#6RedOrionPosted 1/25/2013 11:46:24 AM(edited)
ignore the troll, sorry about that. Well the Wii U just came out and will have many games to come in the future, the 360 will probably have support until it's successor releases this holiday or early next year. in terms of price for games, that won't really change unless you buy 2 year old 360 games.
#7Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/25/2013 11:46:02 AM
yes, Nintendo does a good job of supporting their consoles even if they do poorly (Gamecube). If you want to look at some stuff upcoming for the will youtube the most recent Nintendo Direct. There is also a new 3D Mario, a new Zelda, a new Mario Kart, and a new Smash Bros. in the works. Even if this console does EXTREMELY poorly (which it will not) Nintendo will still release these games.
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#8tigg06Posted 1/25/2013 11:47:03 AM
sorry just saw I read over the GS trade in deal, so it would give you around 100-140 maybe for a wii u
#9hellbringherPosted 1/25/2013 11:47:44 AM
microtoast posted...
hellbringher posted...

Also...blog faqs

thanks for the help kid

Yeah I'm the kid. You have to ask others what to do with your daily life. Not to mention if you are an adult why can't you save up $300? Get a job. Also...why not ask your "wife"? Is she not involved? Seriously get a job.

Also...blog faqs. The only thing you forgot to mention is your wife's name.
#10microtoast(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:47:48 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
Unless it's a Nintendo-published title, I pick games up when they are $15-$20, which usually takes less than a year.

Also, claiming you have a family is no excuse. If you can't make room for your hobby, give up the hobby.

when you grow up, you'll understand